• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Fox Mod prices going up?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mustang5L5
  • Start date Start date Jul 24, 2020
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

DudeStang

Nuts fell off while driving
5 Year Member
Apr 30, 2017
659
373
83
Jul 25, 2020
#21
  • Jul 25, 2020
  • #21
Mustang5L5 said:
LMR also had less promotions this spring/summer. No 10% off sale for mem day or 4th of July.

i would imagine supply constraints would be a cause of that.

these are definitely interesting times. 50 million unemployed, and vendors of non-essential items such as performance mods are having a hard time keeping up with demand.
Click to expand...
It isn’t 10 percent...but I have used a few discount codes from Brew2l and FoxCast, 6 and 7 percent. They usually have them on Instagram and YouTube.
 

93 teal terror

Founding Member
Jul 13, 2001
971
62
69
Durham N.C.
Jul 26, 2020
#22
  • Jul 26, 2020
  • #22
Yeah everything seems to have gotten more expensive since I last bought goodies for a 5.0 but I tell ya after being over on the Porsche side of things for a while, the fox parts seem like a steal.

I have probably $3k-$3500 into a H/C/I package for the mustang which includes MAF, T-Body, injectors, timing chain, new hoses, heads, rockers, gaskets pushrods, used intake, etc.

And for the P-car, a full exhaust CAI and chip is $7-$8k depending on what tips you get And you might pick up 20-30 rwhp if that. Its also rear engine so there isn't much material for the exhaust used. Crazy.
 
M

Monkeybutt2000

Mustang Master
Aug 11, 2019
1,387
851
133
Lafayette,IN
Jul 26, 2020
#23
  • Jul 26, 2020
  • #23
I bought a Pro 5.0 shifter for my TKO for $173 tmd. I didn't think that was bad at all.
 

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
8,060
1,644
194
NJ
Jul 26, 2020
#24
  • Jul 26, 2020
  • #24
Mustang5L5 said:
I do need a jet ski. Perhaps I’ll wait a bit.

if only used F150 prices would go down a bit. I need a new DD
Click to expand...
Talk your friends into a pair of jetskis, like hot tubs, they are better when they are someone else's...
Living relatively close to the ocean and the bay, i've done my share of riding, but honestly there is only so much driving in circles you can do on waverunner before it becomes redundant. Leaves you with the "glad i didn't buy one of these", feeling.

As for the f150, i figured it would be easy to find a good one at a decent price, so i looked.
I couldn't find any pre owned certified (this is how i like my cars, 1 year bumper to bumper, 7 year 100,000 drivetrain) f150's at a ford dealer, period.
Some lariats were nearly 40 grand with 50,000 miles on them.

I got my 2014 loaded fx4 supercrew ecoboost in 2017 for 32k with 20,000 miles on it.
Doesn't seem deals like that are happening any time in the near future.

As far as performance parts pricing goes, the reality is that we still have it fairly easy.
We can buy, sell, trade parts.
Guys with modular engines basically have to buy either basic bolt ons that don't do much or superchargers at $6500+...
 

91TwighlightGT

20+ Year Stangneter
Sep 8, 2002
1,190
375
124
Missouri
Jul 26, 2020
#25
  • Jul 26, 2020
  • #25
I work in the used car industry. Prices are higher than balls on a Giraffe right now. I am seeing wholesale prices bringing $2,000 over clean trade value at a lot of bid sale/auctions. The reality is that there is a car shortage, and the production stopping on new vehicles simply made that worse.
 

xecute

Eaten, greased and played with my balls
5 Year Member
Aug 25, 2017
171
89
53
Dunedin, New Zealand (South Is.)
Aug 27, 2020
#26
  • Aug 27, 2020
  • #26
CarMichael Angelo said:
The 2jz combo that I bought last year for 2799.00 is now over 1000.00 or more higher. These are gigantic increases when you do the math.. makes me really glad I bought it when I did.
Click to expand...
But wheres your https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/1978-mercury-cyclone link gone. I was up to Page 621!


Oh, whewh! Found the new one.

Build Thread - 1978 Fairmont: What comes around, goes around.

I deleted the old thread because it was getting out of control. It was too bloated, and too hard to find any specific item in the build even for me. Having the index worked to a degree, but considering that almost everything has changed on the car, most of the references in that index pointed to...
www.stangnet.com

Thanks for this post,
  • Mustang5L5

 
Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
Reactions: Rdub6
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
362
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
SN95 Desktop 363 Engine Combination - Looking for input
  • WhiteCobra95
  • Sep 8, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 6, 2025
Habu135
Fox Pricing
  • bentley429isBAC
  • May 21, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 26, 2024
FastDriver
R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
360
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?