more power

stang9150

Dec 26, 2005
My car is a 91 lx hatch with a 331 i built about 3 years ago.I have the following parts bbk,70mm throttle body,afr 185 heads,performer intake and a fti custom cam.The cars baseline dyno was 301 hp and 330 tq at the wheels.I still have the stock mass air and stock 19lbs injectors.The car has not been tuned at all and was really rich during the dyno pulls.I'am sure if i can lean it out some there might be some power the way the car sits.I was thinking about stepping up to the rpm 2 intake,different mass air and 24lbs injectors.Do you guys think this will help?I forgot to mention that i also have bbk longtubes and offroad h -pipe.

• Sponsors (?)

maybe im wrong but i believe your maf is always suppose to be bigger than ur throttle body anyway...so that should pick you up a lot of power and if your going to put bigger injectors on your car the only way to really mechanically tune it is to get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator...it's a must if your goin to the dyno.

Thanks for the input guys.The torque numbers iam pretty happy with it is over 300 ft lbs from 2000 up,so it is fun on the street.I do have the adjustable fuel pressure regulator.Do you think 24lbs injectors will be enough?The fuel pump is a 190lph model also.What mass air meter should i look at getting?

I think you need 30# injectors, maybe a 75-80mm MAF, and a 75mm TB. The intake isn't killing you, but there are better ones out there. With those changes and a tune, you will probably see a big improvement.

What is your compression ratio? Was the cam custom ground for YOUR engine?

I think you need 30# injectors, maybe a 75-80mm MAF, and a 75mm TB. The intake isn't killing you, but there are better ones out there. With those changes and a tune, you will probably see a big improvement.

What is your compression ratio? Was the cam custom ground for YOUR engine?

agreed but i think the 70mm TB is more than enough as the opening on the intake isn't even 75.

The compression is 9:1 and the cam was made for this motor.So you think the 30lbs injectors would not be overkill?Is pro-m a decent meter?The power does drop off a bit right around 5300,thats why i figured it could be the intake.