MORE ZEX NOS KIT HELP NEEDED!!

kkdoughboy

Jul 20, 2007
Pennsylvania
Hi guys, I finally got my bottle filled Saturday night and was anxiously awaiting my first ever nitrous run Sunday morning. I opened the bottle, purged, armed and then hit the gas and Nothing?! I cant be going crazy here. Am I not feeling the difference that 75hp makes? Is that even possible guys whom have NOS? I dont think I was going nuts so I checked it against my Livewire hp and tq numbers info. There was no difference in numbers when the system was armed and when it wasnt. The stuff just isnt working correctly:( . The NMU definately has power and I can hear the solenoids click when at WOT when the car motor is not running. Then when I start the car I cant tell. Anyone else have a similar system that can help me? Please voice your comments as I really frustrated. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

check bottle pressure it can't be over 1200 psi because the selenoid will not open if its over put ice over the botter until the pressures drops at least 1200 or the tps is not calibrated with the module check that with the ignition switch on push the peddal to wot and see if it activates you can do that with the car off but if the nitrous activates do not turn on the car wait like 3 minutes or more because you got nitrous inside the intake check that and have fun!

Hi man, I'm still waiting for an in-line adapter so I can install the nitrous pressure gauge. So I really cant check that yet. I tried activating the nitrous with the intake elbow disconnected from the throttle body to see if nitrous is in fact spraying from the nozzles. There is no nitrous or fuel coming from the nozzles in the intake but the green light on the NMU is pulsating rapidly indicating that the unit should be functioning. I am waiting from a response from Zex as to the functionality of the unit. Hopefully it is a malfunctioning unit. If not, The only thing I can think that it might be is a modification to the gas pedal that I performed. I found the thread on Mustangdepot.com. It has to do with changing the WOT position on the sensors in the gas pedal. I hope that this is not causing the problem.

If I recall correcty my nmu light is on steady, not pulsating when its armed. I haven't seen it when I actually spray through.
I can tell you that you will feel it and notice a difference. I put about 90lbs of tq to the rear wheels with the 75 shot (+50rwhp). I run about a 12.6 1/4 with the 75 shot.
You seem a little light on the rwhp with your mods? I pretty much you have the same mods as you minus the headers and am 10hp higher. My tuner thinks I could get 320rwhp with headers.
Are you getting a seperate tune for the nutrous? I suggest it to get the most out of your 75 shot.

Hi man, I'm still waiting for an in-line adapter so I can install the nitrous pressure gauge. So I really cant check that yet. I tried activating the nitrous with the intake elbow disconnected from the throttle body to see if nitrous is in fact spraying from the nozzles. There is no nitrous or fuel coming from the nozzles in the intake but the green light on the NMU is pulsating rapidly indicating that the unit should be functioning. I am waiting from a response from Zex as to the functionality of the unit. Hopefully it is a malfunctioning unit. If not, The only thing I can think that it might be is a modification to the gas pedal that I performed. I found the thread on Mustangdepot.com. It has to do with changing the WOT position on the sensors in the gas pedal. I hope that this is not causing the problem.

I have a seperate tune for anything over the 75 shot. If I ever get to use it. I've tried to get my car dyno tuned by 3 different places off the bottle but evertime they tell me its not worth it. Changing things around would not increase my hp by more than like 1 or 2 hp. I say BS. My numbers are lower according to the dyno tuners because of the weight and diameter of my beastly 20's in chrome. Also, my NMU stays on a steady green when armed and it pulsates green when activated but its not spraying anything like it shows it is. I have it at Zex right now getting looked at but no word yet on the problem. Thanks

I say BS also. I'm running 19s so I don't know about the weight difference. I'm sure u've tried this but have you opened the tank without it hooked up to make sure the gas comes out? Good luck with your problems.

My Whip

View attachment 352916

I have a seperate tune for anything over the 75 shot. If I ever get to use it. I've tried to get my car dyno tuned by 3 different places off the bottle but evertime they tell me its not worth it. Changing things around would not increase my hp by more than like 1 or 2 hp. I say BS. My numbers are lower according to the dyno tuners because of the weight and diameter of my beastly 20's in chrome. Also, my NMU stays on a steady green when armed and it pulsates green when activated but its not spraying anything like it shows it is. I have it at Zex right now getting looked at but no word yet on the problem. Thanks

Yeah, I tried opening the bottle to make sure. There is definately nitrous and fuel going to the NMU. I tried loosening the fittings on the box and both spewed nitrous and fuel out. It just doesnt want to come out of the outlet lines into the intake for some strange reason. By the way - really nice ride man!

Hi guys and gals, Zex said that my NMU tested ok. It must be the dead space in the pedal modification I did. I cant believe it! I knew that would come back to haunt me. It must be that. I know I had the thing installed properly but the tech said to check my voltage at the TB. Of course my damn battery is dead again! This is my second battery on an 07 with 3500k? WTF. Now I cant check the voltage till I get a charger that works. More money down the drain. Not to mention that once I finally get the unit working, I have to drive 2 hours round trip to get bottles filled. SAVE MONEY FOR A SUPERCHARGER!!! Holy S