most hp setup?

Mr. Rustypwnz

Advanced Member
Jun 1, 2005
1,761
63
69
indianapolis/ valdosta ga
ok so my next round of mods on the 98 will either be:

pi cams/pullies or

pullies and headers or

pullies and a electric water pump..

car already has a bassani header back, 4.10's pi intake, a cai and a custom sct tune..

which is the best money per hp for these 4.6's?
 
ite I wish i had the time to do the swap, right now im just limited to lameass boltons, I am fully aware of what a full pi swap is capable of, and a few ls1's were pleasently surprised when it rolled past em, but Im just looking for the best bang for buck at the moment..
 
if doing cams you should go straight for aftermarket and skip the pi's. a set of cams like mine would be perfect for you. they are very miled. as a matter of fact, at the time i told them to make me a custom set that would be good with emissiions and still give a good power bump in the natural pi gt power band.

i was very happy with the cams i got. i never tried to pass inspection with them but they were very quiet and made what i feel is great power. they gained hp and tq all throught the rpm compaired to the stock pi's.

anyway, now that im blown i looking for a different caam to upgrade to but the ones i have now served the na version of my car great. i had ported heads and l/t with them and made 290rwhp.

you should look for something like that if emissions are not an issue. i have a feeling that they would pass anyway.
 
yeah im all over the pullies, btw: upr has a special going on right now for all that are interested, but pullies and a cai all for $169.99 thats not bad at all to me, but I work at steeda so I might get it cheaper than that.

So I guess ill go with pi cams and pullies and I think while im at it ill flash the tune..