Most Likely have to sell car for college, how much is it worth?

DarkProphet

Founding Member
Aug 19, 2002
Quakertown, PA
Hey guys I might have to sell the car my car due to college bills. It has 107k miles on it, but is in great condition. It has two dents that i know of, both are less then the size of a knuckle and I have to search to find them. Im just wondering how much you think its worth, as kbb only says its worth a few thousand, but I know its worth more then that.
Hers a pic, its kind of bad though:
attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)

Mac-man said:
i would say u should be able to sell it for maybe 5K fairly quickly if u r wanting more maybe if u wanted to hang on to it for a while u could get more out of it. just a guesstimate though

incredible
prices are so deflated in the states, it's amazing anyone can make any money off of cars there.

a car like that in canada would probably go for about 11-13K
which would be the equivalent for about 9K usd

Mac-man said:
i would say u should be able to sell it for maybe 5K fairly quickly if u r wanting more maybe if u wanted to hang on to it for a while u could get more out of it. just a guesstimate though
Did you not see its supercharged???

I'd say $8k

A fair price should probably be $8k to $10k. But the only buyer who would pay that is someone looking for a modded car with some serious power (as your's must be putting out). So you're gonna have to wait a while longer to sell at that price.

If you just look at Kelly/Edmunds prices, it would probably be a bit less. And you might have to take a know off that, because you have modded the engine.

That's the down side of mods when selling. To the right buyer, they are valuable and increase the price. To the average buyer, it's a car that has been hacked on - hence not reliable.

My advice would be that you should pick up some hours, save up other ways, and keep the car!

Good luck.

It wont leave my grasp for anything less then 7k, thats for sure! Ill take out a second loan if i have too haha. It should put out around 340 rwhp once its tuned. I did all the math today and have around 9k into it (including the price of the car), and its all paid off, so if the price isnt right, its not going anywhere. Thanks for all the compliments

I really like the 99+ rear wing, its a subtle change and i think it really adds to the car. Ill try to get some more pics of it later this week.

attachment.php

Here is an older pic from last winter, before all the suspension work.

Attachments

• car3.jpg
    car3.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 202
In order to mount the wing i had to drill new holes (obviously). It actually fits PERFECTLY on the trunk. After i put the wing on I had to cut the bolts as they were in the way of the hydraulic lifters that keep the trunk up. So basicly there were no issues at all, as long as you have a hacksaw, dremel or bolt cutters. The stock holes did stick out from under the new wing, so I had to get them filled, and the trunk repainted. Doing that and getting my cobra bumper installed/painted and my foglights installed cost 700 total, so it wasnt that bad. All in all I like it as No one else really has it.

Its official, I have to sell the car. Would it be worth it to get the chip burned first, or sell it untuned? The chip costs 600 with unlimited tuning. If i dont get it tuned i know it will be worth less, but I know i wont get my 600 dollars back for it if i do get it.

if it won;t run good above 3k RPM then get it tuned...

I can say that you are better to keep it as a reliable car during school if you can... once you are out the $8k difference in school loans will mean nothing...

94-302-vert said:
... once you are out the $8k difference in school loans will mean nothing...
That's true.

And I guess I forgot you had that blower on there when I said to skip the tune. You really should get a tune, or a buyer will probably look at it as a car with MAJOR issues. Unless you end up selling it to someone who is already into Mustangs.

Maybe you should take it to the nearest track at test and tune day, and let everyone know you are selling. Someone will prolly look at it as a steal just for parts.