MS tune Help

Hey guys,

I just had a PNP2 installed in my 1993 Notch, 5 speed. I didn't do the install or initial tuning. I had a local garage do my tuning and hit the dyno for some data loging.

I do have a fluctuating idle, however, she doesn't die out and as the car gets warmer, the idle gets better. I did down load the Tuner studio and the Megalog software incase I needed to adjust anything.

My problem is....when I am driving and I take the car out of gear, my idle drops to where my car dies out and this happens almost all the time making it kinda dangerous sometimes when I am trying to merge to come to a stop light. Is there anything that I need to adjust on my end to make that stop happening?

I am complete new to this, so I don't even know how to make a copy of the file...if someone could DM me or email me at [email protected] that would be great.

I am willing to pay for anykind of time it takes to look at what I have, but again, I am a newbie and just gotta walk me through what I need to send anyone to look at my tune.

Thanks guys!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet, there are alot of settings associated with idle. The best way for us to solve this issue is to take a look at the tune file with a datalog of the car driving.
To start a datalog simply get tunerstudio running and hit the datalog tab, things should be fairly self explanatory from there.
The issue with a quick setup and dyno tune is that idle may act fine with one driver or condition but as soon as you add a variable like a second driver or real world conditions the settings dont work as well anymore.
Idle is by far the hardest thing to get set correctly.

To post a copy of the tune file you need to get your laptop connected to the car with tuner studio running and download the tune from the car (I assume the shop used there own laptop?) Be sure not to overwrite the the tune file.

Once that is done you can upload the file right to this site for us to look at.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks to a91what, he walked me through the very initial steps to get a file copied and saved to my computer. So here is a copy for all to see..

Like a91what said, its a idle thing. surging idle and idle drops bigtime when I am driving and I take the car out of gear...the idle drop below 1k to where the stang almost all the time dies out.

Attachments

• CurrentTune.msq
    116.9 KB · Views: 194
whooo thats rough... the ignition table is in a word SAFE by that i mean the car must be a total slug....
the fuel table does not look bad but i will need to see a datalog of the car running to tell more. hopefully they wired the WBO2 into the ECU for you.

I will make some changes and we can see how it does

Yeah...stang is a bit slugish. I have a AEM A/R gauge that is wired to the Mega Squirt. I can get a datalog tomorrow.

I never did this before...so would i open another "new project" and then start the car and let it idle? Also for how long? Again...never did this before but this forum is so helpful...im so thankful guys!!!

No sir, you will open the project you were working with when we pulled the tune file and get TS 'online' with the MS. then go into the datalog tab and start a datalog, it is going to ask you to name the log file before it starts it. once it is running and datalogging just let the car idle a bit then go for a drive, when you get back stop the log and then send it.
you will find the datalog in the tunerstudio directory under your project folder.
files-documents-tunerstudio-[your project]-datalogs

like i said it may very well be worse than the original in terms of how well it idles.... without the datalog its a shot in the dark. If it wont idle on the tune i sent then load the original tune file and datalog that one instead.

Hey guys....I'm gonna attempt to do my first data log with the stang tomorrow. So driving wise...should I go full on? I was planning on driving my stang from my parents house to my house which is about 5-6 miles. I was also gonna hit the freeway and get into boost...I should log all of that also right?

Also...do I just hit "start datalog"" and start driving or is there more steps need to be done?

This is my FIRST ever attempt at a data log and I don't wanna mess up my original tune is at all possible...lol!!!

Thanks guys for all the help

That is correct you want to datalog all of it. Start the datalog before you start the car and a small box at the bottom of the screen that says "datalogging" will turn green once you start the log. Drive the car like you normally would.

Thanks a91what...so I am having some issues with the software for COM port to USB on my damn computer. The one I got from DIY works sometimes. One day it detects it and then the next session it doesn't. so I need to figure that out.

I think I got some data logging done. My first time so I hope you guys can see my idle issues...thing was jumping all over the place today. Also idle drops when I take her out of gear and come to a stop. To the point where I die out most times...but this run was pretty good.

Attachments

• datalog12018-12-09_12.13.23.msl
    2.7 MB · Views: 118
Ok, so the fuel is all over when the car tries to idle.. I made some changes to the fuel map lets see if this helps. Once you get the connection issue worked out and have WIFI near the car we can knock the idle out in one session.

Attachments

• 808hyperstang93.REV.1.0.2.msq
    116.9 KB · Views: 170
What can I say....I had a great data log session with a91what this morning. He adjusted some idle issues on my current tune and I loaded her up. Called him and he walked me through every single step I needed to do on the fly adjusting to my idle. More than what I expected from him. And I know he was teaching a class as well as helping me over the phone. But we got my idle issue fixed and I love the new tune. Here is the data log. She went offline a few times and I don't know if that will affect my full datalog…..but here it is. It was a good session.

Attachments

• datalog22018-12-11_09.04.42.msl
    12.9 MB · Views: 122
Reactions: 1 user
Ok here is an updated tune with some more fuel changes.... I just want to say that whoever you took the car to for the initial tune.... is.... something else.. your ego correction was set to allow up to a 50% fuel adjustment.. Thats just a massive bandaid on a bad tune.
lets see if the car will idle ok on this version, I made a slight idle adjustment to make the valve a bit more responsive.

Attachments

• 808hyperstang93.REV.1.1.2.msq
    116.9 KB · Views: 160
Okay...sounds good a91what. Yeah, the guy that did my tune is the only guy on the island that tunes with a dyno. I honestly don't know what he did. I did have to go back to him a few times, but my idle problems was still there. But I'll load this tune probably this coming weekend and data log some stuff for ya. Thanks again for all your help. But I gotta say...you know your stuff. After one tune from you...my stang can start on one turn when cold starting and the surging at idle went away....that awesome.