MS tune Help

Why are you running firmware version 3.3.1, when 3.4.2 is the latest? Version 3.3.1 is obsolete.
Be careful with uploading the filename CurrentTune.msq
That is the name of everybody's tune. You can mistakenly overwrite a good tune. Better to do a "save as".

• Sponsors (?)

up loaded a91what second tune. Cold start was a little hard, but after a third try it started up. idle fluctuated and at start a very minimal through out my drive. Idle again dipped low after driving and then taking her out of gear to stop but she didn't die out. Backfired once which scared the crap out of me...lol!! But it was a good drive. Here is the datalog of the tune.

Attachments

• datalog3_2018-12-16_10.20.56.msl
    8.9 MB · Views: 141
Just got back my MS from DIY. My MS needed an updated plug for the tuning cord. Uploaded a91what latest tune. Cold start was great. She started in one crank which it never did before. I plan on doing another datalog session tomorrow. I did a short one to the gas station. Noticed the throttle stayed open for a few seconds after I blip the throttle and some surging during idle, but not enough to die out. The RPMs no longer dropped when I take her out of gear while I am driving, but I'll take a better note of it tomorrow when I drive her a bit longer on the freeway. Stang is driving better and better..I am so appreciative for all the help I am getting especially from Steve who looking and fine tuning his tunes to meet what I need. Mahalo brother!!!

Below is the short data log session.

Attachments

• datalog4_2019-01-07_10.58.09.msl
    3.3 MB · Views: 132
Ok so that was actually worse than the last one.... those settings did not work one bit for the idle, I made more changes. If these dont work we will get it worked out this weekend with a live session.

Attachments

• 808hyperstang93.REV.1.1.3.msq
    116.9 KB · Views: 140
Ok so some of the fuel looked a bit scary... most likely this is because its from an area of the fuel map that the dyno never got to during your initial tune.. Lets see how the idle acts with these settings.

Attachments

• 808hyperstang93.REV.1.1.4.msq
    119 KB · Views: 163
Thanks Steve...been under the weather lately. I will upload the tune and give it a test run this weekend with another data log. Still looking into trying to get that mobile hotspot, but like I said earlier, the stang is getting way better and better with every tune. Hopefully we can knock this out in the next couple of tune sessions.

Reactions: 1 user
did a quick data log with the new tune. Steve you did an awesome job....the idle lag is minimal. I can rev the motor and there is little idle lag but not as much as there was with the last tune. Stang drove really well...tried to get into boost, but had to much traffic, so I got up to less than 5lbs while datalogging. I'll shoot over a video of the idle lag, a super improvement from the last tune. One question though...when I tried to load the latest tune, it said there were problems with the load or tune, so I just clicked ignore....but it seems that the tune did go through.

Just one small thing...cold start was super boggy...almost didn't start, but it did. Not sure if that is part of the new tune, but that is the only issue. Also...a little idle lag when I was parking the stang….but no biggie.

Here is the data log for your review..

Attachments

• datalog_62019-01-19_11.31.13.msl
    6 MB · Views: 124
DId a quick data log with the new tune. Short trip. Stang started up fine and stang ran really good. No hanging idle. Some fluctuating at idle. A little more than last tune I think, but I might be wrong. Other than that...no lag in idle after I rev the motor. Stang ran really well. Just the fluctuating. thanks again Steve...like I said...the stang is only getting better and better from when I first had her...lol!!!

Attachments

• datalog_82019-02-05_09.30.07.msl
    2.6 MB · Views: 104
Hey Steve,

car show went great. Was good to get out there and see all the other Foxes and old timers with the old school rigs. So here is the first data log. Its actually a very long idle data log. I had to fill coolant into the radiator and I was burping the system and waited until the thermostat opened up. Some surging and idle lag...but she started right up..

Attachments

• datalog_92019-02-25_10.58.47.msl
    5.8 MB · Views: 94
This is an actual drive. I installed a smaller pulley and was able to do some real small runs getting into boost in 3rd gear. but it was uphill boost. idle was good and not to much surging when I came to a stop. When I revved the motor...not to much lag...

Attachments

• datalog_9a2019-02-25_10.58.47.msl
    7.2 MB · Views: 98