Engine Multiple engine codes

• Sponsors (?)

Yes sir, looks like I have to replace the o rings on some of the injectors. They look pretty bad, torn. Also those caps on the end of the injectors. Will that effect spray pattern or anything like that?
The purpose of the caps is to keep the O rings from sliding off and falling into the intake manifold. They don't have anything to do with the spray pattern.

Ok sweet, I sure didn’t want to buy new ones. The new gaskets look wayyyy better, hopefully it will be a smooth install. I spent all day scraping with a razor trying to get the surfaces clean.

Attachments

• 85B97583-D8D2-4656-9E67-A102A62E0C39.jpeg
    85B97583-D8D2-4656-9E67-A102A62E0C39.jpeg
    381.6 KB · Views: 106
  • C4348178-E4C8-453E-81FB-FB73C92F944C.jpeg
    C4348178-E4C8-453E-81FB-FB73C92F944C.jpeg
    390.3 KB · Views: 102
Whats the part number on those intake gaskets? I ask because they make them with and without a steel center layer. I recommend the ones made with the steel sandwiched in the the middle.

Those ones without the steel core tend to fail around the water jackets. The coolant then leaks including into the crankcase. If you cant return them, I recommend you take the loss on them and get the 1250s3 gaskets

Have you pulled the timing cover and checked to see if the chain and gears are lined up properly? One tooth off retarding the cam can easily cause the low vacuum condition.

And check the harmonic balancer to make sure the outer ring has not slipped. That can throw off your ignition timing setting quite a bit.

No I haven’t pulled the timing cover, I did plan on removing the valve cover to check the rocker arms. You mentioned earlier about using a dial indicator? Also I removed the belt quite a few times to turn the engine over. The balancer appears to not have spun and is sturdy.

That should not happen on re-assembly. I understand bolts breaking when you take things apart. But if bolts and bolt holes are properly cleaned, inspected and conditioned or replaced as needed, there should be no breakage.

What happened? Gunk in a bolt hole? Damaged threads? Incorrect bolt length bottom out in hole?

No dude, it was the same bolts. I cleaned the with a wire wheel and put oil on the threads. I set the torque wrench then began to torque them in stages. On the final setting, one snapped. You should’ve seen the evil look I gave the car. So I assembled the car anyway, because the community I reside in was disturbed that I work on my car in the driveway. And the funny thing is, me changing the gaskets had no effect on drivability. Same codes, same symptoms. I was able to limp the car to my parents house to continue diagnosing it unrestricted. Vacuum was fluctuating between 5-10 inches, if I attempt to give it gas, it will jerk and stumble horribly. Ideas?