Must Admit

justin82

Sep 14, 2017
As much fun as my Fox body is to drive,.... And how fast I've gotten it.... I'm just scared to punche the gas pedal and see what it could do because I'm scared I'll break something...it does after all have 151,000mi, and is mostly stock, oh and an 89

• Sponsors (?)

Thats likely why I don't paint my rag and put a bunch of pretty parts on it, I beat on it, if it breaks I just fix it, it's also less likely to be stolen, too ugly even for a thief
If they only knew :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3 users
I think it depends on if it's your only means of transportation. When I was younger, and only had 1 car I felt under pressure to make sure any mods I did were something that could be finished in a day due to needing the car. Once I got older, and my mustang was no longer my daily driver I could do anything to it and not feel under pressure. I think it's the same with driving it hard. When it was my daily driver I definitely drove it easier because I simply could not afford to break something and not have a car to drive. Once it was no longer a "needed" car, but a toy, then I drove it much harder.

Reactions: 1 users
Unless you break something expensive at the same time you're finishing up a remodeling project. Ask me how I know.

That said, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I'd rather have garage art for a few months than have a car I never had fun in.

Gained? As in something busted??? imp
He said it is mostly stock. Nothing is going to break unless he crashes, runs it out of oil of lets it overheat. It is very hard to blow up a stock set up. If it was hopped up to 400 hp, then he would be walking on thin ice at 150k miles, but stock? Whats going to break?

He said it is mostly stock. Nothing is going to break unless he crashes, runs it out of oil of lets it overheat. It is very hard to blow up a stock set up. If it was hopped up to 400 hp, then he would be walking on thin ice at 150k miles, but stock? Whats going to break?
Absolutely nothing! (for those that don't know the answer to the rhetorical question)

When I take it out for the first time each year, I get that feeling for the first ride or two. Then I'm ready to go! But I don't drive it too hard anyway, especially compared to how it seems most Mustang owners do.

Compared to how most other mustang driver's probably drive...I baby my car. But on a nice sunny day with the windows down and the sunroof off, it's kinda hard to resist the urge to row through the gears with some aggressiveness. I certainly won't hold back on a 1-2 shift. If the T5 breaks...i'll just rebuild it.

Now, swanging donuts at a sideshow? No...I'd cringe at the thought of doing that with my car now. Too rough.

I'm a wuss...plain and simple. I baby it because i'm way too afraid of something breaking and it being too difficult for me to fix myself and it ending up being $$$.

Reactions: 1 user