Chewy 0w0

Nov 16, 2017
Hello
This maybe a topic that has been discoursed before; Nevertheless, none of the threads that I've found so far have the answer I need.
I have a 2003 mustang v6(manual) and I'm trying to put subframe connectors on it. I know that the OEM are not the best ones, but they are way better that no connectors at all. I got myself some from a SVT cobra ones and i tried to put them on. The front of the car has the holes with thread where the bolts go. But the rear do not have the thread for the bolts.
I'm wondering if I'm missing a part or something.

Also, i may just weld them in place later on, but i wanted to have them secure in place first.

• Sponsors (?)

I agree with squeak. A bolt on subframe connector is like gluing one a trailer hitch. It just doesn't help. 3 or 4 bolts can't prevent the body flex these unibodies are subject to.

The stock ones from my mach look like you could bend them over your knee.

But I'm trying to think of how they attached. There might be a body nut that slides into a small hole on the rear side of the subframe. Then you would bolt the back of the connector to that body nut.

Hope that helps but i wouldn't encourage the use of ford stock subframe connector. Definitely don't jack up the car under them. They look like they will fold like cardboard under weight.

Thank you for your time
I appreciate the feedback. I will try using some u nuts and see if it works. The reason why I'm using the oems is because i got them cheap from a flooded car and i wanted a bolt in solution rather than welded( I don't have a welder). Aside, i don't corner hard enough to really need hard sub connectors. I just wanted some peace of mind having some reinforcement. After all, bolt-in sub frame connectors are (barely) better than nothing.
In addition i also got the rear sway bar, the v6 din't came with one. That made a real difference.

Thanks again