Mustang posts BIG sales #s in March

351CJ

Dec 11, 2002
The Mustang had its biggest sales month in a LONG time @ 17,926, +13.5% from March 04. Ford sold MORE Mustangs than Foci in March.

Year to date Ford sold 42,261 Mustangs +16.3% over the first 3 months of 04.

Ford sold more Mustangs than they built in March, so they must have figured out how to get some of those cars stuck in the holding lots and rail yards to the dealers.

Note quoted #s are US sales only.

• Sponsors (?)

We often see posts "quite a few V-6's" on the lot. But what is quite a few? Considering that the Mustang is selling at a pace similar to the Escape, go to any Ford dealer and they will have 20-30 Escapes on the lot. When you see a couple of dozen Mustangs on the lot you will know they have caught up with demand.

tjredgt2000 said:
We often see posts "quite a few V-6's" on the lot. But what is quite a few? Considering that the Mustang is selling at a pace similar to the Escape, go to any Ford dealer and they will have 20-30 Escapes on the lot. When you see a couple of dozen Mustangs on the lot you will know they have caught up with demand.

Well then I guess they caught up with the demand for the V :D -6s, but not the GTs!!

According to Ford, they are selling at the ratio of roughly 60/40 V6s to GTs. I was in Houston this week and saw 8 new Mustangs on the road - all were V6's. I didn't see a single GT.

For a dealer to have a decent selection they would need a dozen V6's and a dozen GT's in a mix of manuals and autos with a variety of colors.