Mustang5L5 DIY MS3x Thread

• Sponsors (?)

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
I actually bought the Bip373. Thought I would need it a while back, but turns out I didn't. So it's an option...
then i suggest building it and bypassing the TFI with an 'add a fuse' you can pick the spout signal up and fire the coil directly without any real major hacking of the stock harness
EDIT: i suppose you could fire the IDM circuit, it goes to the negative side of the coil... I would have to look at the harness diagram to be sure.

Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
then i suggest building it and bypassing the TFI with an 'add a fuse' you can pick the spout signal up and fire the coil directly without any real major hacking of the stock harness
EDIT: i suppose you could fire the IDM circuit, it goes to the negative side of the coil... I would have to look at the harness diagram to be sure.
I've seen guys on the MS FB group talking about it. Problem is not a lot of detail on how they did it. But i'll do some research. This stuff has become my nightly reading and been learning a lot.

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
I've seen guys on the MS FB group talking about it. Problem is not a lot of detail on how they did it. But i'll do some research. This stuff has become my nightly reading and been learning a lot.
the idm has a 22k resistor in the wiring near the firewall, this rules it out for driving the coil without bypassing the resistor.
you have the option of removing pins 2 and 5 from the TFI connector and somehow jumpering them together if you do not want to cut them. [a fuse between them would likely work just fine]
I have people bypass the TFI to run an MSD box directly by using one of these in place of the spout connector [or similar]
View: https://www.amazon.com/Pixnor-Circuit-Piggy-Standard-Holder/dp/B011I9QZX2/ref=asc_df_B011I9QZX2/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167140365824&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13978515431824850595&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9051872&hvtargid=pla-307234676336&psc=1

you would face the wire lead tward the harness and do not plug the fuse in. then run the wire over to the MSD box, you could use this method to run a wire over to the coil negative. BIP373 on the spout wire then intercept and fire coil directly. or run a fresh wire if you want..... ill stop ranting now.

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
F it....I bought some LS truck coils. I have some ideas of where/how I'll mount them.

As for the TFI, I'll install the Bip373 and control the coil directly.
ughhh... do one or the other... no sense in doing both. You also need the CAS from stinger.