My 1997 Mustang Dyno numbers.

kuwait

Mar 31, 2005
hello everyone,
i went ahead and bought a 1997 mustang gt , Its Violet and has around 222,000 KMs something on the odo meter (picked it for less than 2K so i cant bitch right?) in pristine condition other than little problems i fixed.

so here is whats puzzling me , i did the PI intake swap and i went ahead and ran it on the dyno numbers were 201 RWHP on 254 RWTQ.

now the car is bone stock down to the paper filter , other than the PI intake and has some kind of restrictive mufflers on it(flowmasters? possibly locally made i haven't looked under the car).

is this where the car should be power wise? isn't the torque on the high side a bit? any info is welcome.

• Sponsors (?)

Not too shabby, I actually expected alittle less. I have a 96 with a PI intake only including stock exhaust all the way back and it went 14.51@94 on a 90 degree night, so i've been curious on dyno numbers. I only got one pass before the tranny broke. :notnice: I'm interested to see what others say.

Seems about right. Bone stock (non PI) those cars put down around 180rwhp give or take so +20rwhp for just a PI intake is pretty good.

A PI intake doesn't change the fact you're trying to push that extra air through non-PI cams and heads. I'm sure it helped, but you won't see the full potential without PI cams or better.

The torque seems a little high, but the horsepower isn't out of line for a car that made 215 stock, it's actually good.

I don't know why everyone thinks the torque is high. The car is rated at 225 fwhp and 290 ft-lbs fwtq; 15% loss = 191 rwhp and 247 rwtq. PI intake got you ~ 10 hp and 7 ft-lbs of torque. Your numbers are exactly where they should be, especially for over 130k miles.

thanks to everyone for the input, before we rolled on the car i guessed 200-205 hp and i was correct what i didn't anticipate was the torque :)
i am doing the cams next weekend when i have time , with a tune , ditching the unknown mufflers and putting a cat-back in there and ill post numbers and pictures :)