Fox My 4 to 5 lug journey..

• Sponsors (?)

So after waiting for over 2 months for parts, I have made some progress.....
Somebody on here spoke of using their transmission jack to lift the rear up for installation.....
I brought out my Harley "pit bull" jack and it worked like it was meant for the job....
DSCF1281.JPG
DSCF1283.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
So this is a rear I purchased from speedway and since this is a new experience for me ( mustang) I kept my fingers crossed that everything was going to bolt in... ya never know what will happen...
Used the brake lines from the kit I purchased... Found a local place who can bend, build, and flair lines... Cut about 2" off one of the axle housing lines reflaired it, and looks like factory...
DSCF1279.JPG

As I lifted the rear into the car, I attached the lower control arms.. Lifted it up a little more and my brand new stock Uppers were way off... Thought about it for a while and when Iifted the rear up further everything fell together.......
The H&R rear springs were one of the items backordered....
I thought I had more pics of the install but I don't... No youtube channel for me.....
I painted the drums ( they are 11" compared to the tiny 9" drums that were on the original 7.5").....
My emergency brake cable snapped right in, I hooked it up and that should be a bolt up no brainer also......
DSCF1284.JPG
DSCF1278.JPG

Last edited:
Something learned today... the shorter axle does not go on the side with the shorter axle tube.... As I was installing the axles there were some OH NO moments when things were not fitting..... Changed the axles side to side and that was the fix... Operator error......
MIght measure for my driveline tomorrow.....
The hub to hub axle measurement was 1/4" less than the 7.5 that came out.... I think 1/8" on each side won't be too critical to work with...

Last edited: