Progress Thread Finally got a new truck

• Sponsors (?)

no idea.gif

Reactions: 1 user
I had our glass guy here doing a customers car so while he’s was out here I had him cut the windshield out. It’s got some pretty big cracks and don’t want to run a tired old windshield in my freshly painted car. Pretty good chance its the original factory glass, butyl tape and all. From the factory these windshields were held in with butyl tape, not urethane. I was sure it was replaced at some point. It is a Carlite glass. Kinda bums me out that I can’t reuse it.
6CEA5B5B-6E34-472F-AD98-4FD392F7CA52.jpeg
5B0B561D-0929-4A30-BD12-C53C7E0C20EC.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
So its not looking for paint tonight. I wish I had SOME experience painting cars, if I did I would do that myself. I've done everything on this car myself except for the primer, (actual spraying.) I don't trust myself enough and I just don't want to mix up sealer, basecoat or clear coat wrong and have to strip all that stuff on and start again. I know some of you guys are probably thinking just do it yourself and learn but I've got one of the best painters in the city here at the shop so I might as well let him do it. I will be there every step of the way while he is spraying, watching and learning. I’ve been in the body shop most of my life and painting wasn’t something I was interested in. Now I wish I paid attention.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users