Progress Thread My 89 Lx Gets The Trickflow Top End Treatment Etc....etc.

• Sponsors (?)

2017-07-07 21.52.29.jpg
Best I can do on this rainy night

Reactions: 3 users
Cleaned out all the crap sitting in the control arm, got the spring in after many many curse words, it seems Eibach pros are fairly tall, after many failed attempts I got a spring compressor from Advanced Auto. It was too long so I cut it down a little bit and it finally worked, hopefully it's not enough of a alteration to the tool that they'll notice haha.

20170706_182216.jpg
20170707_154832.jpg
20170707_164113.jpg

Did the same exact thing except I bought the spring compressor off Amazon and cut them down.

Did you ever install the Mach 1 spoiler?

I went out to the garage one night and tried to tape it up. After messing with it a bit and taking a look at it, I decided to not install it. Tried to take pics but nothing came out well enough to show anything

Instead it hangs on my garage wall now. Maybe i'll wait to see yours.

While the car was still in the air from the spring install I took a look at it, I took a look at how many holes I would be making in the bumper and how many gaps are already in the bumper design and chickened out for now, I was tired and wasn't looking forward to a new project, when I dropped the car down I was kinda glad it wasn't on there since I had such a hard time with getting the jack outta there. I guess one of us will have to man up and give it a shot...haha

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
While the car was still in the air from the spring install I took a look at it, I took a look at how many holes I would be making in the bumper and how many gaps are already in the bumper design and chickened out for now, I was tired and wasn't looking forward to a new project, when I dropped the car down I was kinda glad it wasn't on there since I had such a hard time with getting the jack outta there. I guess one of us will have to man up and give it a shot...haha

Kinda what I thought too. One look, went "meh" and hung the chin up on the wall

Reactions: 1 user
20170721_183058-1.jpg
Drove the car to a cruise night with temperatures in the 90's and humid as hell, very happy with how the car ran, a/c worked great and the motor stayed nice and cool. But....the new springs have definitely highlighted how much these cars twist around so frame connectors will be next and when I get around to it I would like to put some gear into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users