My Buddy Jared's Fox

Boosted92LX

It's only an inch or two. What's the big deal?
15 Year Member
Dec 19, 2010
This guy has been working on this thing forever. I kicked him in the butt to finish up the fuel system so he can run it more than 15 seconds at a time....85 coupe. Started as a 4 cyl.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It's a 302-5spd with aluminum world products windsor junior heads. X303 camshaft, 1.7 scorpion rockers. Weind stealth intake, holley 650 DP with quick fuel metering blocks. I'm giving him moral support running fuel lines that he's needed about a year. I started a thread on this one about two or three years ago but can't find it... Lol.

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Since it doesn't seem like he's usin

Soooo. Bored already after your son's car and diving into a new project, huh?
I think I know why you can't sleep Allen......

Well, the wife and four kids are on vacation. I couldn't get a week off to go to Tennessee with them and the in-laws. I'm home alone. Hehe.

I'm keeping myself out of trouble. Hehe

Reactions: 2 users
Well, the wife and four kids are on vacation. I couldn't get a week off to go to Tennessee with them and the in-laws. I'm home alone. Hehe.

I'm keeping myself out of trouble. Hehe
Home alone, huh? Seems I remember a movie about this.
Jealousy is raising it's ugly head here. Man.....if only....
AND you couldn't make it to the in-laws.....ah jeez....I want to be like Allen!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you. This thing has been sitting waiting to be put together for a loooong time. Good to hear it come to life. Maybe he'll have more incentive to finish it now.
Damn, he should!
Can you imagine the sound of that engine winding up at the strip? Makes me want to bypass a few steps and get my engine in and fired up!

Reactions: 1 user
Damn, he should!
Can you imagine the sound of that engine winding up at the strip? Makes me want to bypass a few steps and get my engine in and fired up!

Yeah. It's going to sound sweet. He's going to have a 3 inch x pipe and two chamber flowmasters on it. Going to sound healthy.

This is a neat little touch. This mallory regulator allows you to use an efi in tank pump and a return line with a carb. I have one on the pink truck.
image.jpeg

Well, My buddy that gave my son his car got married today. He is a mutual friend of mine and Jared's, so Jared and I went to see our buddy get married, then went to work on the coupe.

Fabbing exhaust..
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 160
So Jared called and wanted to know if my boy wants to hear his car run before he put the exhaust on. We dropped everything and hopped in the truck because that was a must. He dug it. The smile showed... Wish I'd caught a pic.

Anyway we got the pipes fit up and J welded them out after I left last night. A spray can to show size of pipe:

image.jpeg

The boy helping uncle Jared hang the pipes:

image.jpeg

Surprisingly, nowhere near as loud as I'd expected... But i have been listening to it with open headers.