My car is F'ED UP!

my suggestion would be to get the steeda tri-ax shifter. the shifter keeps you from shifing into any gear but 3rd at those rpm's, and all you have to do is push forward, the springs do the rest. probably one of my best mods. the only problem is you can hear more from your trans, but the Mach stereo should take care of the problem :D

• Sponsors (?)

eh about the tri ax, never felt it but the mgw is beautiful! I have to say now, we did smoke before this race and i will never race again under those conditions, i learned my lesson the hard way :(, seriously i do not know how the maf got disconnected.. :scratch: but yea, my dad said something about where it connects to the boot or something.. idk what that means but she works now, the idle does take a few secs to drop well i guess not a few secs but just goes down slow, and sometimes bogs at around 3k, not really bogs but kinda fells like it looses throttle, but we have the sct superchip programmer and we reprogramed it back to stock, and were going to program it back to the performance setup, then if shes all good, and we can get a clear sky tomorrow, were heading out to the track, thanks for the replies guys, and dont worry i learned my lesson, i dont need to hear it from anyone ;)

Errr smoked? As in had a buzz from a sig, or smoking pot LOL? If its pot, GET OFF, PLEASE...my cousins in prison right now for that crap, that hole side of the family is all screwed up with no life. IT IS HARMFULL AND DOES NO GOOD. I have never even tried that crap, and I never will. My uncle burnt his brain up with that and caused himself to become a paranoid skitsafrintic (I know SP) and killed himself a few years ago. :nonono: About the 2nd-3rd thing, dont grab the knob, simply put the palm of your hand on the shifter and push towards the radio. My freind with the 02 SS has went down into 1st like that twice LOL, and both times his rear tires broke loose and no damage. I think he has went from 3rd down to 2nd before 2 (about 100 @ 6500RPMs) , with the same result i believe.

hotmustang331 said:
Errr smoked? As in had a buzz from a sig, or smoking pot LOL? If its pot, GET OFF, PLEASE...my cousins in prison right now for that crap, that hole side of the family is all screwed up with no life. IT IS HARMFULL AND DOES NO GOOD. I have never even tried that crap, and I never will. My uncle burnt his brain up with that and caused himself to become a paranoid skitsafrintic (I know SP) and killed himself a few years ago. :nonono: About the 2nd-3rd thing, dont grab the knob, simply put the palm of your hand on the shifter and push towards the radio. My freind with the 02 SS has went down into 1st like that twice LOL, and both times his rear tires broke loose and no damage. I think he has went from 3rd down to 2nd before 2 (about 100 @ 6500RPMs) , with the same result i believe.

its not that bad

Its not bad for you, in the long run it is but if you use it wisley and control yourself its not bad.. I only do it on the weekends, not a pothead, just something to do on the weekends and too young to purchase alcohol whitch makes it really hard to get a hold of, sorry to hear about your uncle, people have different reactions over time and some people can control themselves.. but about the car, took her to the track tonight, got a new personal best :) not the best but im practicing, went from a 14.5 last time to a 14.2 this time, best 60' was a 2.0 but missed forth resulting in a 14.6 sec run :nonono:(that was my run to break into the 13's) i guess ill have to wait till next week to break the 13's hoping to do it this time but still need to practice, shifter has been giving me alittle trouble, powershifted 1st-2nd, 2nd-3rd, and missed 4th somehow :scratch: but im happy to say she is back to normal, i found out what happened to the maf, still alittle iffy but it has a mac cai so were the elbow goes into the blue rubber connecting to the maf, the elbow slipped out of the rubber thing, wasent the wire :shrug:

Man...I wish I had nothing to do on the weekends. ;) I'm not trying to personally attack you or anything...but really, go to the gym, learn martial arts, heck - go fishing or something. Life is short...I try to be as productive or constructive as possible. But then again, I do go out for a few drinks every once and a while - but I don't drive.

I really do mean this in a harmless way, just keep in mind that if you get caught, it could affect future career options.

Glad to hear you got it fixed though! :nice:

started? ive been doing it for a few years now, i am not an addict, i am going to graduate soon and all ready qualify for a scolorship here in florida, my grades and career are fine, marijuana is not bad for you and has been proven, it is not addictive if you can control your self, and i also never drink or drive, but anyways i dont have to prove anything to you guys, i understand the whole productive thing, i am not a pothead as said before and do many other things besides smoke.... smoking is not a big priority to me, i was just telling the truth and saying i was alittle on the unfocused side while i was driving, and it just happened to be a night i did it, you guys are the ones coming and saying i am a pothead and im a drug addict and im going to die or destroy my brain, screw that, thats pretty dicked

Dan_Soprano said:
unplug your battery for about 15 mins to clear the KAM (keep alive memory), then see if it runs better. the ECU "learns", so running around with the MAF unplugged may have tripped some safety device in it.

:stupid:

And just to add to this, if you have a superchip on, remove it or return the program to stock.

anym22 said:
started? ive been doing it for a few years now, i am not an addict, i am going to graduate soon and all ready qualify for a scolorship here in florida, my grades and career are fine, marijuana is not bad for you and has been proven, it is not addictive if you can control your self, and i also never drink or drive, but anyways i dont have to prove anything to you guys, i understand the whole productive thing, i am not a pothead as said before and do many other things besides smoke.... smoking is not a big priority to me, i was just telling the truth and saying i was alittle on the unfocused side while i was driving, and it just happened to be a night i did it, you guys are the ones coming and saying i am a pothead and im a drug addict and im going to die or destroy my brain, screw that, thats pretty dicked
I used to screw this female who smokes weed all the time......we dated for a few years and thats the only drug she done that i was aware of.That was about 14 years ago........I ran into her last year and she looked like a total crack head.she asked for 20 bucks and asked to see my thingie.I refused and just had pitty on her because she was a RN at a loal hopital and now she looks as though she has nothing.

My younger brother started out just smoking a little dope in high school. Over time, it killed all his ambition to do anything other than smoke. He later moved up to hard drugs and things went down hill from there. He is now 49 and has been in and out of trouble with the law all his life. He has never held down a job for any length of time and doesn't have anything to show for his life. The rest of us (4 brothers, 2 sisters), have all lived successful, productive lives. It's funny, we all grew up with the same parents and same opportunities. The only difference is, the rest of us didn't smoke dope. Good luck. And don't be so sure you're not an addict. Try to go one month without smoking or drinking.

anym22 said:

yeah it's not addictive :rolleyes: then why did that running back rickey williams from the dolphins give up millions of dollars and a dream job so he could smoke pot. he was so addicted that too him pot was more important than a lifetime of wealth

anym22 said:
I really hope nothing serious happened, But i also dont think anything too serious happened. We were able to drive a good 10 miles with it like this, not the 10 miles took like 30 minutes but we made it, If it was something internal i dont think it would even move.. or it would make a loud noise

I really dont know what happened, I guess i wasent concintrating on m shifting, this is like unheard of from me, i dont understand how i managed to do that, not even get a greind in the middle, but straight into 1st :nonono: :bang: i feel so stupid :stick:

Dude it sounds like you may of choked a little under the pressure :shrug:
But it prob not as serious as some are saying. I mean you did get it home. Did you atleast have the lead b4 you missed? :bang:

anym22 said:
I really hope nothing serious happened, But i also dont think anything too serious happened. We were able to drive a good 10 miles with it like this, not the 10 miles took like 30 minutes but we made it, If it was something internal i dont think it would even move.. or it would make a loud noise

I really dont know what happened, I guess i wasent concintrating on m shifting, this is like unheard of from me, i dont understand how i managed to do that, not even get a greind in the middle, but straight into 1st :nonono: :bang: i feel so stupid :stick:

Sht happens. Don't beat yourself up!