My MAFS (mass air sensor) just puked..Help

99sc-riored

Oct 5, 2006
Yup just going down the road hard on the gas, the car just stalled. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the Mass air sensor, with a 80mm (same as before) drove it for 1/2 a mile and it puked again??? Any input the car is super pristine with only 7000 original miles. Bought the car from original owner whom never had any problems. I actaully drove it back from MO to MI with no problems. Any inputs?? Here are my mods:

ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION-4.6L. Supercharged (Vortech), Block Bored 20” with JE Light Weight Pistons (8.5). Manley Forged Rods, Cobra Oil Pump, Ford Racing Windage Tray, Crower Stage One High Lift Cams, Competition Cams Valve Springs, Pocked Ported Heads, Intake Ports Gasket Matched, Mezire Electric Water Pump, Accufab Intake Inlet Elbow with 70 MM Ford Racing Throttle Body, 42Lb Injectors, Shaker Hood Connected Directly to Blower, Air to Air Intercooler with Three inch Pipe, Jba Headers, Bassani X Pipe with High Flow Converters, Borla Cat Back with Mrt Tips, Auto with Art Carr 3000 Stall Converter, Art Carr Deep Aluminum Trans Pan, Trans Cooler.
CHASSIS-3.73 with Auburn Posi., Cast Aluminum Cover, Ford Racing Special Edition Mustang GT Wheels, Ford Racing, Aluminum Drive shaft, BBK Upper and lower Control Arms, BBK Sub frame Connectors, Ford Racing Lowering Springs (B), Cobra Fuel Pump and Tank, Trunk Mounted Battery.

• Sponsors (?)

99sc-riored said:
Yup just going down the road hard on the gas, the car just stalled. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the Mass air sensor, with a 80mm (same as before) drove it for 1/2 a mile and it puked again??? Any input the car is super pristine with only 7000 original miles. Bought the car from original owner whom never had any problems. I actaully drove it back from MO to MI with no problems. Any inputs?? Here are my mods:

ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION-4.6L. Supercharged (Vortech), Block Bored 20” with JE Light Weight Pistons (8.5). Manley Forged Rods, Cobra Oil Pump, Ford Racing Windage Tray, Crower Stage One High Lift Cams, Competition Cams Valve Springs, Pocked Ported Heads, Intake Ports Gasket Matched, Mezire Electric Water Pump, Accufab Intake Inlet Elbow with 70 MM Ford Racing Throttle Body, 42Lb Injectors, Shaker Hood Connected Directly to Blower, Air to Air Intercooler with Three inch Pipe, Jba Headers, Bassani X Pipe with High Flow Converters, Borla Cat Back with Mrt Tips, Auto with Art Carr 3000 Stall Converter, Art Carr Deep Aluminum Trans Pan, Trans Cooler.
CHASSIS-3.73 with Auburn Posi., Cast Aluminum Cover, Ford Racing Special Edition Mustang GT Wheels, Ford Racing, Aluminum Drive shaft, BBK Upper and lower Control Arms, BBK Sub frame Connectors, Ford Racing Lowering Springs (B), Cobra Fuel Pump and Tank, Trunk Mounted Battery.

Is your meter in the fender or the engine bay? Same thing happened to me. The wires that lead to my SCT meter in the fender was making contact with opening that piping ran through. Check your wires and make sure that they are not touching metal.

well as most Ford techs should know, ther have been problems wth corrision in the plug on the terminals but I would think they'd have checked that. other than that, I dont know, does the car have a "chip" in it? wth 7k on the odometer, it looks like the car has sat for awhile, maybe some "critters" got up under there and chewed thru some wires?

99sc-riored said:

With all those mods, you almost definetely did not have a stock MAF. The first thing I would check is to make sure the dealer did not replace it with one. The MAF was probable not your problem to begin with but if they pust a stock one in there it is going to cause all kinds of problems.

Yeah it was not the stock one..the dealer replaced it with a 80mm lightning maf(the same one). Dunno guys they cannot get into the PCM and recommend me to go to a performance shop which I am. *******s at this dealer ship. Anyway like I said you could eat off this car anywhere. Could the PCM be bad?