My new II

Hello all, I'm new to this site. I just picked up a super nice high performance 1978 Mustang Coupe 5 spd. This is my 3rd Mustang II. Previously owned a '77 Cobra II and a '78 King Cobra. I just love these cars. The Coupe is running a '71 302 balanced and blueprinted, 5 spd. Tremac and Auburn 3:55 rear. The guy I bought it from put all kinds of HP goodies into her. I just started getting a driveline vibration I'm having checked out tomorrow. I removed the rear spoiler and ordered a new front spoiler. I'm getting the Magnum 400 wheels I just can't decide 215 60 15 or 235 60 14.

Attachments

• IMGP3980.JPG
    IMGP3980.JPG
    903.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMGP3990.JPG
    IMGP3990.JPG
    499 KB · Views: 50
  • IMGP3975.JPG
    IMGP3975.JPG
    538.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMGP3981.JPG
    IMGP3981.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • Loved It!
Reactions: 6 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Dude that car is one of the best in the country probably. Stay with us and post more pictures. Some of us get crazy for those. So you get a big welcome from Potomus Pete.

Reactions: 1 user
That is clean. I would do no bigger than 215 up front. They will most likely rub. It's what I run. The fender liners are removed, seam is flattened and fender lip rolled a bit. I still rub. I am contemplating getting coil overs to raise my front end a little and decrease the rubbing. 235 in rear. Rears clear fine for me.

That is clean. I would do no bigger than 215 up front. They will most likely rub. It's what I run. The fender liners are removed, seam is flattened and fender lip rolled a bit. I still rub. I am contemplating getting coil overs to raise my front end a little and decrease the rubbing. 235 in rear. Rears clear fine for me.
Thank you. I think I might go with a 235/60 14 Cooper Cobra with the Magnum 400's. I hate to drop down from the 15" slotted but the 205/60 15 don't do it for me. The wider and white lettered Coopers I think will wake the car up and more of a vintage look.

I think the magnums are only available in 15x6. I started with 215/60/14 up front and chasing a vibration replaced the wheels with 15". The 215/60/15 are almost 1" taller and rub more than the 14's. I am fine driving straight but turning into aprons or parking lots i rub. I am not a fan of the 15's up front to be honest. The 15x8 look great on the back. 15x7 is too big on the front. The car looked better with 15's on rear and 14's on front.

I am having trouble uploading pics but there is pics of the 15's all around in my build thread. https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/exorcising-a-78.915269/page-11

I think the magnums are only available in 15x6. I started with 215/60/14 up front and chasing a vibration replaced the wheels with 15". The 215/60/15 are almost 1" taller and rub more than the 14's. I am fine driving straight but turning into aprons or parking lots i rub. I am not a fan of the 15's up front to be honest. The 15x8 look great on the back. 15x7 is too big on the front. The car looked better with 15's on rear and 14's on front.

I am having trouble uploading pics but there is pics of the 15's all around in my build thread. https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/exorcising-a-78.915269/page-11
Yeah, the jury is still out on sizes. The Magnums are available in 14 x 6 and 15 x 6. I wish they offered wider as well. It's going to be an expensive package and I'm so afraid of making a mistake. My car is a stock ride height and I don't want to do any mods on the fenders for clearance.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, the jury is still out on sizes. The Magnums are available in 14 x 6 and 15 x 6. I wish they offered wider as well. It's going to be an expensive package and I'm so afraid of making a mistake. My car is a stock ride height and I don't want to do any mods on the fenders for clearance.
Hey anyone know of a fiberglass ducktail spoiler that fits the coupe and looks good ?

Hello all, I'm new to this site. I just picked up a super nice high performance 1978 Mustang Coupe 5 spd. This is my 3rd Mustang II. Previously owned a '77 Cobra II and a '78 King Cobra. I just love these cars. The Coupe is running a '71 302 balanced and blueprinted, 5 spd. Tremac and Auburn 3:55 rear. The guy I bought it from put all kinds of HP goodies into her. I just started getting a driveline vibration I'm having checked out tomorrow. I removed the rear spoiler and ordered a new front spoiler. I'm getting the Magnum 400 wheels I just can't decide 215 60 15 or 235 60 14.
Welcome aboard! I'm a former II owner myself (how my username was derived)....had a '77 Ghia back in the day and the IIs still hold a place in my heart.

Yours is looking good! Always love a sharp looking II.

Now we are talking two's....Nice car keep us posted
Thank you. I'm still stressing on the tire size for the Magnum 400's I had removed the wing spoiler the previous owner put on now having body work on the holes. As long as I was at it the hood scoop wasn't painted that well so I opened it up and having my body man cut the hood open and repaint it right. I ordered the stripes for the scoop but they didn't match at all so Graphic Express is getting them back. Also waiting on a new fiberglass front spoiler so that could be painted as well. I still think the back could use a small ducktail type spoiler but ??