My newest project

Beasty306GT

Dec 19, 2002
Oxford,Mass
Well it was finally time to remove the old tired engine..Its a project that goin to take some time.... took some pics of it all...shock tower and frame rail to to be fixed badly...should be a fun project overall though...:Dand here arfe some pics

2enndrq.jpg

jaam1h.jpg

24edzr9.jpg

n6es7d.jpg

2cpvu45.jpg

20hn75x.jpg

And the bad :(
2vb2aky.jpg

This we are goin to fix though...Dropping the kmember and goin with a new tubular and all new...ant comments appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

what's your plan for the rust? Mine's not too bad but theres some rust in the same places on the strut towers.

Im gonna drop the k-member and all the suspension..remove everything i need to get out of the way then were gonna cut out all the old section im gonna make some template with cardboard and have it bent for the underside and inside the bay section..weld in the new pieces...clean the bay up and paint it install new k member and new engine :D

looks like a fun project! I love projects that involve pulling the engine. what are your plans for the new engine?

My plans are...i bought the motor off my buddy..he had it all machined and built on the bottom end..its built..9.1 compression...new crank..new crane cam lift is 530....SVO aluminum heads...fully ported and polished...1.7 rockers...trick flow track heat upper and lower..30 lbs injectors...basically bigger and better..i cant wait ..i been waiting a couple years to do this :D

My plans are...i bought the motor off my buddy..he had it all machined and built on the bottom end..its built..9.1 compression...new crank..new crane cam lift is 530....SVO aluminum heads...fully ported and polished...1.7 rockers...trick flow track heat upper and lower..30 lbs injectors...basically bigger and better..i cant wait ..i been waiting a couple years to do this :D

nice dude! :nice: should make for a fun car

Ok so i need to take the steering rack off the k member so i can remove it... What would be the proper way to disconnect and drain the power steering fluid?? I want to clean up the pump and pully......and also..... What would be the right way to drain and disconnect the brake lines from the master cylinder? I need to remove the block off the shock tower to fix it..so i need all the lines disconnect and moved..Do they sell plugs to plug the mc off? this is my first big project..im learning as i go...i been around cars along time never really pulled an engine..but that was easy with the help of my buddies...so any help i would appreciate..i want to do this this weekend..

You can fab up new metal for that shock tower/rail area. A friend at a shop does them all the time. He uses 1/4" stuff and it's real heavy duty stuff. Just box it with 4 peices, weld it up in place. Replace that rot that is in front of the shock tower too. You need that stiff.

Ok so i need to take the steering rack off the k member so i can remove it... What would be the proper way to disconnect and drain the power steering fluid?? I want to clean up the pump and pully......and also..... What would be the right way to drain and disconnect the brake lines from the master cylinder? I need to remove the block off the shock tower to fix it..so i need all the lines disconnect and moved..Do they sell plugs to plug the mc off? this is my first big project..im learning as i go...i been around cars along time never really pulled an engine..but that was easy with the help of my buddies...so any help i would appreciate..i want to do this this weekend..

its not gonna make a difference whether you cap the brake lines or not, **** wont get in there, and you'll need to rebleed the brakes anyhow, as far as the power steering pump and rack, what you can do with the pump is hook it up to the PS rack and rotate it with an impact gun and just pump out all the old fluid, then hook it all back up in the car

So i got a real good deal off my buddy..i couldnt pass it up...take a look :D

5jxxzq.jpg

jl5jit.jpg

1580c4j.jpg

this is all off a 94 gt....i need to get a arms for my 89..the 94 are 1 inch longer...he is also gonna fix all the rust and box the frame rails and help me install the whole k member when im ready for it