My quest for "the bar"....

badingle

Founding Member
Mar 18, 2002
Portage, Michigan
I went to the track today. It was beautiful out so I figured why not.

Heres what she pulled:

1.77 60' not my best
8.11@ 83.62mph 1/8th
[email protected]

Its getting closer. I finally got out of the 80's now looking forward to the 60's!

I havent changed a thing on the car since my first time out @ 13.10

Im coming for you Paul!!!

-Andy

• Sponsors (?)

Nice...but with that mph, a 12.7 is about the best you can ever hope for. I'm assuming with the weight, gearing, suspension set-up, and power curve of the car...you've done about the best you can do.

Now...that being said...if you really focused on the suspension of the car for drag-racing and launched it hard, you could probably squeeze some more ET out of it. Of course, to keep going faster...you'll need to pick up some more power.

We just figured out that I am getting about 19% converter slippage. Thats not gonna do it. I have a new chip on the way with a raised rev limiter so hopefully I can rev it out to 6200 and see how it likes it. Im gonna try to get to the track one more time this year. Why cant you?

This winter im going to get a power pipe, taller tires, TwEECer and a C4 with a break:) We shall see.

AndrewBodine said:
Im gonna try to get to the track one more time this year. Why cant you?

Car's put away and I'm away at school. I would LOVE to race in this cool weather though. Seems like all my friends back home are knocking off about .3-.5 from where they were at this summer.

Jake

AndrewBodine said:
I went to the track today. It was beautiful out so I figured why not.

Heres what she pulled:

1.77 60' not my best
8.11@ 83.62mph 1/8th
[email protected]

Its getting closer. I finally got out of the 80's now looking forward to the 60's!

I havent changed a thing on the car since my first time out @ 13.10

Im coming for you Paul!!!

-Andy

Nice times. Is that a coupe or a convertible ??