Myrtle Beach Mustang week

captbill51

Aug 19, 2010
Acton, MA
Guys,

Just got back to Boston From Myrtle Beach Mustang Week. What a great time! Cruise In, track day at Myrtle Beach Speedway with autocross and driving a half mile track, Drags at Darlington and the cruise there and back, car show, burn out contest. To top it off we did the 1000 mile return in 16 hours straight. Weather was hot and clear. Beach water was in the 80's

I just love driving this car, road and track!

Any other east coast guys go?

Bill

• Sponsors (?)

my bad

View attachment 180213

be3dc112.jpg

8a740975.jpg

planning to go back next year!

Bill

Attachments

• be3dc112.jpg
    be3dc112.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 8a740975.jpg
    8a740975.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 107
Hey Bill,
Beautiful car... Red interior and a glass roof, DAAAAMN that's nice. Oh, and it has a 5.0 :nice:
Where was the last picture taken. Was that the meet and greet?
I go every year for a long weekend, don't go to the tracks, just around NMB. My only issue is it's too damn hot. Why don't they have the show in the spring or fall? It's on an asphalt parking lot with NO shade. Every year the vendors and spectators die out there and hundreds of people pile in the Bass Pro shop for some AC, LOL. They need a couple of swamp coolers or misting tents around the lot so people will stick around.

more mustang week

chile02,
We stayed in Surfside at Plantation resort because I could trade my time share. Very Nice and quiet.
We proweled the strip on Tuesday and Friday night with a group we found on Mustangweek.com . We noticed many 3 nite specials advertized on the beach hotels available. We might try that next year.

Steve491

We went to the meet and greet on Tuesday at Planet Hollywood. We had spilled over into Legends parking lot. Got tee shirts and our track pass there.

It was very hot...like 100 degrees. We are New Englanders and are usually in the cooler most of the year so the HEAT was an event for us. Plenty of beverage and water in the cooler.

The track events will draw us back next year. We get to see lots of pretty cars at the shows but to hear them at WOT and sliding around at the autocross was a blast! Driving the half mile track at 70-90 was thrilling. This is the feeling and excitement I bought this car for.

Later

Bill