Need Engine Pricing Help

stng66

Jun 5, 2012
I have an engine that I need to sell, but have no idea what to list it for. Here are the specs:

Original 1966 289, rebuilt in 2004
- I don't know the exact mileage, but based on past records I have, there are less than 5K miles on it
- Bored 30 over with SBF Flat Top Cast Pistons
- GT40P heads
- Edlebrock Performer intake
- Edlebrock 1403 carb (500cfm)
- I'm not sure what type of cam is in it, but I know there is has a .050 lift.
- I'm pretty sure there are HiPo exhaust manifolds on it. I have a receipt for HiPo's from a previous owner, but I'm not sure they are actually HiPo's on the car.
- It runs really well and has no leaks.

If there are any other specs you need to take a guess as to what this engine is worth, let me know.

Thanks for any advice anyone can provide.

Scott

• Sponsors (?)

I can do ya one better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izzK0OtWxdY

I have straight exhaust manifolds on it right now bc of exhaust clearance with the R&P I just put in it.

The engine was in the car when I bought it, but I do have some of the receipts when the engine was rebuilt back in 2004. That's how I know what kind of pistons are in it and that it was bored .030 over. Unfortunately, it doesn't have any information about the cam, other than a spec test that was done on it after it was built. That's how I knew the lift in it and such.

Without papers, it will be tough to get the full value out of it..Was it rebuilt locally? Can you get some more info from the machine shop? I will usually pass on a "fresh rebuilt" with out specs....Just hard to know what all you need to go with it..