Need Help Deciding.

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
Ok I know I may get bashed some here but I need help with a major (for me) decision.

I think I'm going to sell Frankenstang....

I love my car, suspension is done control arms coilovers bushings, interior is in great shape with custom door panels and new carpet. Trans just rebuilt, rear-end just rebuilt, engine is finished tuning is done 10psi 380tq 300hp. At the tires... new tires and brakes with s.s. lines......

The problem is its a convertible and I don't have a place to store it when not in use... I replaced the top a few years ago and don't want to do that ever again...

What should I do? My wife found me an rx7 in decent shape for 1k. She does not like the mustang but is crazy about the rx7.... I don't know what to do.

The stang needs a paint job and some minor bodywork.... what could I let it go for if I decide to sell it?...

Thanks for your input.

• Sponsors (?)

I have seen franky in person and met you and your wife, I hate to see a project get sold off after so much work, you will have sellers remorse, I know I did after selling my 92 vert, it was badly damaged after being stolen, and then enjoyed for years after it was fixed, it was stock and dependable.
You will do what you will do.
An rx7 sbf and another blower will help with the sellers remorse.
BTW this is not an opinion.

Ok it's an 87 13b it's in pretty good shape he is going to send me a bunch of pictures of it.

Even if I don't fully build the car it will sell for 4 times what he is asking. Car is in NY I'm in FL. The guys down here eat these cars up.

What do you think I should ask for the mustang? 4k 5k??

And don't worry I'm not going anywhere I still have too many people to help tuning there cars round here.:D

With modification yes....

But I want to keep it closer to stock with ac and all..... at first....

The hardest part about this for me is letting go of all the hours and hours I have in the custom m90 setup on the car. I basically engineered the whole system myself... ahhh if it was only a coupe....

Why not buy a shell and swap everything in? I know it doesn't make the wife happy, but you have so much work into it, I'm afraid nobody else would see the value and you'd take a bath on the sell

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with hoopty and the gang. Buy a really clean roller, swap everything over, and sell the vert.

Reactions: 1 users
I honestly don't see the issue, I was raised in Miami and for many years had two convertibles a 94GT and a 90GT both kept outside, and never had any kind of problems with the tops.

I cover them sometimes and the tops always clean and treated tho.

The 86GT convertible that I now own here TX does seat in the garage, but was my daily driver for 6-7 years straight, in all types of weather, even snow.. and it here the temps get much higher than FL. and the top is flawless.
Top was an economy replacement, it has shrunk over the driver door and now water gets in past the seals.