Need help getting 70MM TB - Throttle plate shaft broke - Manhattan, KS

Should have known something was bound to happen. Just made the 1100+ mile trip out to Kansas. I'm gonna be here for several months cause I have to get some training prior to deploying to Iraq. Everything went fine on the road (one fillup I got 26.3 MPG), but once I got here I noticed that my throttle was sticking again. I went in to check the two throttle plate screws and found that the rod that the plate mounts to is broken right under the bottom screw! It wouldn't normally be that big of a deal, but I'm away from home. Right now I'm in a temporary barracks room without a mailing address. I found a couple on ebay for a reasonable price but not sure how to get it here. I got some prices from the local autostores and they are outrageous ($277 and up) and still have to wait 2 days to get it. I got some J-B weld on the back of the plate as a temporary fix cause I'll need my car over the next couple days in order to eat and get around for inprocessing. Figured they would have a couple performance parts stores in the area since they have a dragstrip.

If anyone has any ideas post them up please.

Dan

• Sponsors (?)

You can probably have shipped using your name, General Delivery, and the Post Office address of the post your at. Or ask if you can use the company address for the training unit your TDY to.
Good Luck

I'm skeptical of the general delivery cause I just got here and no one knows who I am. They would probably just return to sender or let it sit in a corner somewhere waiting on someone to claim it. And of course, I just had to hurry up and get here... right before everyone else has 4 day weekend! So I wouldn't be able to get a shipping address until Tuesday and then however long it takes to get here. There is absolutely nothing here; tv, phone... The only reason I got internet is cause I went out and bought a Sprint wireless anywhere card.

I could prolly tig weld it for you. If you could mail it to me. I would do it and send it back. Or take it off and take it to a local shop that welds.....

Go to the local Post office and rent a PO box.

Just east of FT Riley was a custom rod shop in Ogden real close to the track but i discharged 27 years ago, good luck

thanks! I talked to some locals and they said the only thing they have is a performance machine shop. I think that's the one you are talking about, cause they said i use to be down by the track but they moved behind the Walmart in Manhattan.

I found an address on the riley transition team website. Anyways, I ordered one from Blue Oval Indus. they were having a special, $129 for polished. Even paying for the 2nd day air it was still $120 cheaper than buying local. Hopefully it will arrive Wednesday!!

I could prolly tig weld it for you. If you could mail it to me. I would do it and send it back. Or take it off and take it to a local shop that welds.....

Go to the local Post office and rent a PO box.

Thanks for the offer! Thought about going to a shop to have them weld it... too late now, I have a quarter tube of JB weld on it. It should hold until I can get the new one. It still has some flex in the shaft and causes the plate to bind a little with the bore. It broke right at the bottom screw so there is not much material to hold together. Figure I need a new one anyways. Hopefully this will get me by for the next couple days so I can go get some food.