Need Help W/ Suspension!!!

raininfire

Founding Member
Mar 21, 2002
Northern VA
Guys I need your opinion badly, i posted last week with no result. Basically the front of my car sits way to low. It shouldnt as badly as it does. I have kenny brown springs and bilstein struts. I can only fit my pinky between the tire and fender. Here is what I am thinking my options are:
1. MM Isolators (Not sure if any are installed) But even so that will only give me 1/2 inch.
2. FMS C Spings with new isolators
3. Coil Overs for the front (My favorite idea)
oldstang.jpg

venomoussaleen3.jpg

dscf0036.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

sirsureshot39 said:
I agree with him.

Coil overs in the front would be best. Very simple install, easily adjustable. I can barely fit my pointer finger between my tire and fender, its a good thing.

Just to piggy back on what Mike already said, C/O's would be your best option. I can only get about 1 finger in between my tire and fender also, but the ease of adjustability is awesome! Not to mention I can change springs out in about 10 minutes per C/O. Jack the car up, remove the strut bolt and you are just about done.

Unless you are having rubbing issues, I would leave it alone. :nice:

Tim

Okay, one the house in that picture cost of living goes for about 4 million. And no it's not my house, I was checking it out with the lady cause it is her dream house. I said yea, maybe in 10 years.
As far as the spacing goes between the tire and fender, with the roads around here it's just not practical anymore. I scrape the front bumper, and I also screw up my exhaust everytime I go downtown. It is unavoidable. So I want some more clearance, and I want to know whats the best bang for the buck. If I can get away with just installing new isolators than thats what I want to do, but if that isnt going to do it, then I was looking at the UPR coil over kit, just not sure if it will work with the bilsteins.

Steeda makes spacers that will raise the front 1/2 inch. They are very inexpensive. Usually they come as part of the X2 balljount kit which corrects the geometry on lowered cars, but if you use the spacers by themselves it will raise the front 1/2 inch.

Well I just called UPR products to ask them about there coil over kit and apparently I can't use bilstein struts with them. Why is it that you can't use bilstein struts, they couldnt give me an answer. They said I could use koni's, kyb, qa1. I really don't want to have to add the price of struts ontop of the coil over kit. What are my options? Looks like FMS C Springs with isolators might be the cheapest way to go at this point.

Funny, actually I was trying to save up for that 4 way air suspension, but that will have to wait about 2 summers. I just found that Maximum Motorsports makes a coil over kit for bilstein struts. I was happy cause the price was $259 or so, but then I noticed it didnt come with the coils, so then that comes out to be $359. Looks like I will be saving for that. Just noticed them mentioning something about Caster Camber plates and there strength. I already have some, I would assume that they should be fine, but how can you tell.

My side exhaust hangs pretty low, this is the second time I have to fix it from driving it in DC. The roads suck here, it grabbed one of the pipes and pulled it back and but a nice crack in my side skirt. The front bumper is bad as well, its has gotten pretty torn up and was only painted last fall. I plan an entire new paint job, and I would hate to see it all chewed up cause it sits so low in the front.-J