Need Help With New Wheels

Juiced88Coupe

Founding Member
Aug 1, 2001
Austin, Texas
Cobra R 17x9, having big rubbing issues with the front struts, are the struts different on a 5.0 in diameter, or are the spindel setup different? All help is appreciated. thanks tires are 235/45/17 the wheels are on a 93 4 banger coupe.

• Sponsors (?)

Juiced88Coupe said:
Cobra R 17x9, having big rubbing issues with the front struts, are the struts different on a 5.0 in diameter, or are the spindel setup different? All help is appreciated. thanks tires are 235/45/17 the wheels are on a 93 4 banger coupe.

The spindles and struts on the 5.0L is different I'm guessing :shrug: , because to swap in 5.0L brakes you need shims or 5.0L struts and the spindles off a 5.0L ( or a Tc I think) to make room for the bigger rotors. Also I put a set of ponys on my stock 93' four banger and they rub on the A-arms when turn to sharp, they make a limiter for these wheels and maybe it would help on you 17"s :shrug: . I hope that helps a hair atleast.

Good Luck.

Mine Rub also, I just put them on my black stang that sits lower than my other one, and it rubs allot more on my struts. My car was stolen last week, and it was or looks like it was driven off road. So I can see a bit a damage under there.

I think I'm going to look into getting a spacer like was mentioned. The guys at my tire shop said that they put some sort of limiter bracket on there also so it doesn't hit the A-arm.