NEED HELP WITH WELD RIMS AND TIRE SELECTION

DNA DOA

Apr 3, 2005
Scappoose
I now have a 1988 lx notchback and I want to buy some (REAR) weld rims for it. This notch will be a summer daily driver and track car. I have the street tires and wheels but what I am not sure about is rim size and tire size. I want to run MT slicks.

88 is a 5-speed, fiberglass hood and trunk, 6-point cage, 5-point harness, subframes, aluminum drive shaft with loop, Lakewood steel bell housing, 3.73 gears, ZT5 transmission, RHO block, race-ported o-ringed Edelbrock heads, race-ported gt-40 lower and upper intake, Ford Motorsports x-303 cam, underdrives, vortech fuel rails, Ford Motorsports RPM extender, bla bla bla and so forth. (and much much more)

I would like draglites, axles are stock as far as I know and it's a 4 lug. 15x8 I know will work with like a 26 1/2 inch tall MT DRAG RADIAL. Are there other options that would fill out that fender well and not rub? Can I go to a wider rim and what back spacing do I use? With the ZT5 trans will the 26 1/2 inch tall tires bog at the line without reving it to the moon with 3.73? Do I need to go with 4.10?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you have pics or web site info send them to me also. In other words, what would you do?????:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Ben i'm running 26 x10x15 MT slicks with 4.10's dont know how they hook or anything but i bet viscral does. You'll have to come by next weekend with that thing and to check out our new house. peace

john:p