Need more traction, where did I go wrong?

Rickyll7

Dec 16, 2005
I still spin my tires in 2nd. I removed the quadra shocks when I installed the mm extreme lca's. Could this be the problem? Maybe I need sfc's? I dont know what to do. The only thing I can think of is that maybe my tires are just cold. I dont want to heat them up on the street, I might get in trouble:D , but I will try doing a good burnout at the track tomorrow night to see if that helps any. Does anyone else have any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

After installing MM LCAs the quads can be safely removed.

Do you have crap tires? This can greatly affect traction. What psi do you run in your tires at the track?

they are brand new! I just broke them in for about 300 miles, and they break loose easy in first, and somewhat in 2nd (almost a wheel hop) will too much psi cause wheel hop? what psi should i run with the 315/35/17's?

i already have mm extreme lowers, frpp hd uppers:shrug: , bilsteins (not so good for the track i guess), and frpp c springs (also not good i think)

oh, and i have 31 spline axles with a 31 spline trac lock

Rickyll7 said:
mm said to remove them :nonono:

:shrug:

MM is usually pretty good with their engineering...but the current trend is to leave them because they work.

You said you have wheelhop right? Well, the quads are specifically designed to stop wheelhop that is not always cured with aftermarket control arms.

Flip em over if they rub and see if that helps

28psi for street driving seems pretty freakin low to me man. Try 32psi and see what happens. Running around at 24psi or whatever you were gonna try will wear out the outsides of your rear tires in no time at all. BTW, i don't think the 292rwhp is helping your traction situation much either :nice: