Need New Struts and Shocks, Which ones???

joshheat25

Nov 8, 2004
Delaware
I have 118,000 miles on my car and I need new shocks and struts. I am Debating between Bilstien, tokico, and KYB I've heard bilstiens are good. I've heard of tociko before, but not so much on KYB.

I am debating on getting adjustable shocks and struts just because. But I want the best quality ones and I don't want noisy ones either.

the bilstien HD's are 530 + shipping from www.stangsuspension.com
KYB are 450 Shipped from www.americanmuscle.com
The Tokico D-Specs Adjustable shocks are 530 Shipped from www.stangsupension.com
Tokico also has a cheap kit for 315 Shipped from www.stangsupension.com

Basically I'm debating between the Bilstien HD's and Tokico D-Specs, but if you have a Shock and Strut Setup that you like better let me know. Thanx
:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I would say Bilstiens are the best if they are run with matching springs like from MM or H&R. You already have Eibach springs (Pro or Sportline?) so I would say the best shock/strut for thoes springs are the Eibach shock/strut kit. I know they are $630 with springs so the shocks/struts by themselves are prolly only $480 :shrug:

....go with koni's....I know they cost a little more, but I've been happy with them. I'm no expert but they are the best in my opinion, and those i've spoken to.

you can pick them up off of ebay for about 650 shipped on ebay....and i went with vogtland springs...

i thought about getting adjustables "just because" as well but decided against it since i'd just set them once and forget them (as most people do)

i went with Bilstein's from stangsuspension.com, they go well with my H&R's. Tokico blues were my second choice since they cost significantly less but i'm happy with the choice i made