Need New Window Guide Bushing. Please Help

ShortThrow50

Oct 22, 2006
Pa
Inside the door, there are 2 steel window guides. One forward of the door and one at the aft. The forward one is missing the plastic guide and so as it turns out, the steel nub attached to the window is banging around in the track without the bushing and regularly falls off track. All the mustang outlets only sell the bushing kits for up to 1993 mustangs. No one seems to have the bushing for 94-04 mustangs. Surely there are a bunch of 94-04 mustangs that require new bushings> Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah sorry about that. It's for my 2002 gt
Late model resto and all the other outlets on have them for fox body. No one seems to carry them for the 94-04 stangs. I don't have a junkyard near by and would like some new bushings. This is a wear item and I'm sure there are tons of people that need new ones.
I need help in locating them if somebody happened to have replaced them. Part number or who may have them. Ford was no help. Thanks

Is yours accessable at the moment to where you can take a pic of one of them? I may be able to cross reference one for you if I knew the look of one. I have the same era but do not feel like taking my door panel off to see one. I know what they are, it is just some vary in thickness and OD, some are even square instead of round as they both work the same way.

Last edited:
Hi thanks guys. Yeah I called ford parts again. The guy saw the bushing I was looking for but ford has it listed with the window and not individually. It's the forward one that looks like a square. The rear one looks like a round disc. I'll go pull the panel again and try an get a pic

The guy really wanted to help but he hit a wall. There was no way for him to even get a part number for it. He thinks you probably have to order the whole window.
Anyhow, here is the bushing I need and also a pic of the square track it rides in. You can see how the one side of the ears is broke off
image_zpsfabc8a7e.jpg

Yeah that sounds good. Maybe I don't need a new one. Just put the good side on the weight bearing side huh.
Looks like I have to remove the whole window to get that back on there too. I can't reach the thing to even put it on

I hate to bring up old thread but this is the closest I could find to what I'm looking for. Here you need the front, I need the disc roller piece that snaps onto the window bracket on the back track. Does anyone know where to get this or even what its description might be to try and look it up. I haven't had any luck to this point. Any help is appreciated.