Need pics of cars with stock springs cut.

UnderdogGN

May 7, 2006
Hey guys id like to see some pictures of cars that have the stock springs that have been cut. Please state how many coils have been cut too.

Long story short i need a spring that lowers the car, but also allows it to hook at the strip. I have eibach pro kit lowering springs, and they are too stiff for my car to get any weight transfer which results in spinning. I also do not like the eibach drag launch kit because it would make my car sit too high. I do not want to spend any money on another set of springs, so ill just work with what i have.
Can anyone help me out with some pics??

thanks alot!

• Sponsors (?)

Don't cut your springs. :nonono:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnyway....
here's a pic of my Capri with cut springs. :D
CleanCapri.jpg

Attachments

• CleanCapri.jpg
    CleanCapri.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 145
If you do it right it can *look* badass but the ride is total crap. Also don't cut too much or you'll be like i was when i did it. It looked cool but it didn't do speed bumps too well and rode like a covered wagon.

626821_15_full.jpg

yeh, if you can avoid it, dont cut em. Mine is cut and I hate it. Rides like a damn log wagon. When you hit a big bump it sounds like the body is being ripped from the frame!! lol Im gonna get the eibach sportline when I get caught back up from Christmas. Heres a pic of mine though. coil and a half front and rear

Attachments

• stang side view small.jpg
    stang side view small.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 209
Funny thing is i seem to recall Eibach actually giving instruction on cutting their springs to adjust ride height....and i'm either going to cut a coil out of the back of mine or get something different because i can't stand the rake anymore.

I ALREADY HAVE LOWERING SPRINGS! lol i stated i have the eibach pro kit on my car now. They are too stiff for drag racing! Thats why i started this thread, i need to find a spring that will work well at the track, and lower my car at the same time.

If you want it lowered and want it to hook get Steeda drag springs. 1.5" drop if you don't use isolaters.
EDIT: To answer your question, Yes four banger springs will help with traction. No they will not lower it. Cut half a coil off of them and unhook your swaybar for a better 60ft time.

This is my current set up. Lakewood 70/30's and 50/50's. NO sway bar up front. Eibach Pro-kit, Tubular upper and lower control arms, welded in subframe connectors. I run Nitto DR 275/40/07 and cant hook worth a crap. I may have to look into the steeda drag springs like what was mentioned. Sounds like they would be perfect.

This is my current set up. Lakewood 70/30's and 50/50's. NO sway bar up front. Eibach Pro-kit, Tubular upper and lower control arms, welded in subframe connectors. I run Nitto DR 275/40/07 and cant hook worth a crap. I may have to look into the steeda drag springs like what was mentioned. Sounds like they would be perfect.

They took a 3550lb gt vert (with driver) down to 1.58 60ft and that is only a 300rwhp car.