Need Pics...Side Exhaust/Xenon Body Piece Specific!

Hey All

Buying the Borla SVO Side Exhaust kit tomorrow - I know a couple guys on here have it so can I get some of your pics (hopefully detailed) of them?

Also I know a guy on here with a black mustang that has the new 04 Xenon Front piece - Can I get some pics of that too? (I remember a pic on the new pics thread I think it was in his garage or something - the Xenon looks like the cobra front fascia but much better)

Thanks for the help guys, haven't posted in a long time but preciate' the help.

• Sponsors (?)

What kinda pics do you need? Here are a few pics I have hosted on the web, I can look for some more on my comp when I get home later.

NC%2005%201.jpg

SVO.jpg

IM000525.jpg

IM000536.jpg

you can sorta see how the exhaust hangs in this pic
IM000464.jpg

Yea, they came with the kit (have SVO stamped in) and yea they are full length. They attach with: about 8 (I think) brackets under the car, a screw at each end in the wheel well, and molding (double-stick) tape at the top under the door.

You're gonna love the compliments you get :nice: Take your time putting it on and adjust things till its as far up as possible. When I first put mine on, i was in a hurry and also didn't tighten a couple joints as much as I should have, well over time things got damn close to the gound and scraped alot, so I had to get under there and put everything back to where it needed to be.

If you take your time and put it on nice and snug against the bottom of the car you wont have any clearance problems like I did.

I'll post up some more pics in an hour or so when I get home.

BTW...91LX_5L has the xenon front you are talking about.

Looks and sound. They also won't fit if you have subframe connectors (tho I believe Steeda makes some that are supposed to work with subframe connectors).

Looks very good, but not something I'm gonna do.

It's not bad really. If you are taking off the factory cat back, that will be the biggest pain in the ass probably.

On a scale of 10 (10 being hardest), personally I'd give it a 2.5 maybe 3? At least that's as easy as I felt it went.

You shouldn't have any problem gettin it on there :nice:

The inlet and outlet are on the same side (front) of the muffler. the exhaust goes in the muffler, then back out the front of the muffler, takes a turn and goes out the side of the car.

So far, every side exhaust I've seen made by any company is built this way. I think its because the muffler would need to be super short (a 1 chamber flow MIGHT be short enough) to fit between the end of the mid-pipe and the hole in the side skirt. Even with a short muffler, you would have about 2"-3" of pipe between the mid pipe and muffler, and about 4" max to get to the outside of the car.

If anybody ever makes a system using a conventional style muffler, that sounds good and makes good power, I'll be swapping.

here's a pic of a system (with the non-"SVO" skirts) so you see what I'm talkin about with the mufflers.
side%20borlas.jpg