Fox need recommendations on tires

hi all im currently getting ready to re do my front suspension and get some new tires and alignment my old tires wore on the outsides and hey are over 13 years old so i dont trust them anymore. im running cobra wheels from an 98 cobra my tires are currently kumho ecsta 245 40 17 im looking for a good replacement i plan drive the car maybe once a week during nice weather occasionally going to a car show just having fun with the car. car is modified and im guessing about 325hp im going to put a stroker motor in the future but not right now. can anyone recommend a good brand i dont need something over the top performance wise. so do i go back with the kumho or is there something better out there for a similar price. ive looked at nittos but they seem overkill for what i use the car for. thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Most tire places will not do anything but remove a tire past 8 years old. And after having a low mileage, but older tire delaminate on the interstate, I think you are smart to not push your luck.
I upgraded the supposedly high performance 16” radials to a reasonably priced all season set from the nearest chain. They stick better than the aging performance ones did, and I have a chance if it starts to rain. The speed rating of them is lower, but I do not need a ticket for top speed testing anyway. For your cruising and show use, something with A temp and A traction ratings would probably keep you happy in any brand.

Last edited:
The Kumho's have been discontinued. Those are OLD tires. I have a couple sets myself. A set from 2001 on a set of 96-97 Cobra wheels, and a set from 2004 on a set of 98 Cobra wheels. At this point, they are only rollers. I wouldn't trust going past 10MPH with them.

ANyway, I have a set of Bridgestone G-force Sport Comp 2 and love them. Running 255/45/17 rear and 245/45/17 front and they have given me great traction for the summer months. They start to lose grip below 40*F, so if you need to drive the car as a DD in the spring/fall/winter, you'll want a different tire

In the past Falken tires have served me well.I got a good deal on BFGoodrich 245/45 17 's had em for about a year and they perform very well. Since I live in extreme hot temps(100+) a summer tire works for me.Back east you can use all seasons.

On my Mustang I have Goodyear Eagles up front with M/T sport comps in back.
I've been happy with that set-up , keep in mind my car is just a nice weather cruiser.

I bought a set of Sumitomo HTR A/S p02 budget performance tires for my daily driver and have been very impressed.
Really good wet/dry traction and quiet, light years better that the factory Falkens.
Got a great deal on them through Tire Rack and saved a little more by picking them up at one of their warehouses
about 45min. from me.

The Kumho's have been discontinued. Those are OLD tires. I have a couple sets myself. A set from 2001 on a set of 96-97 Cobra wheels, and a set from 2004 on a set of 98 Cobra wheels. At this point, they are only rollers. I wouldn't trust going past 10MPH with them.

ANyway, I have a set of Bridgestone G-force Sport Comp 2 and love them. Running 255/45/17 rear and 245/45/17 front and they have given me great traction for the summer months. They start to lose grip below 40*F, so if you need to drive the car as a DD in the spring/fall/winter, you'll want a different tire
i found kumho ecsta pa51 for sale. the price point seem right are they any good?