Need some help with stock rear brakes

cobrae

Apr 9, 2009
Well I have a 1995 V6 Stang and In the fall I put new rear brake lines, calipers, and pads on the back but im not entirely sure but I dont think the rear brakes are working. They work great if you pull the ebrake a couple clicks up but other than that it seems only the fronts grab.

Had people say its the proportioning valve? I couldnt find one at any shops locally and there is no ABS light on.

I did find an ABS Actuator Assembly that looked like it might be what they were talking about but that thing cost like $900 on Rockauto.com. If that is it could I just delete the ABS? This one of the few ABS cars I have owned and I actually prefer no ABS.

The car does have 199k miles on it so I guess it could be anything lol.

I'm planning on doing a carbed 302ci swap this summer so I just want to get everything sorted out as its also my daily driver right now.

• Sponsors (?)

For the future, there is a dedicated V6 forum:

V6 Tech - Mustang Forums at StangNet

Having owned both a 94 V6 and a GT, I can tell you that the rear brakes are identical. The rear brakes just don't work that well on our cars - the fronts do most of the work. One good test would be to put the rear of the car up on jackstands, to get the rear wheels off the ground. Put the car in gear, then hit the brakes. If the rear wheels stop, then the rears are working.

Didn't even notice I posted in 5.0. was looking at both the V6 and 5.0 for v8 swap info must have gotten mixed up.

Well it was first noticed when there was still ice on the road a bit. Went to stop and my fronts locked up yet the rears never even did anything. I will have to try jacking it up tomorrow if its nice out. Just had surgery so I gotta take it easy.