Need tire size help. Buying 20" Steeda Spyder Rims.Help PLz.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 2010 Mustang GT Kona Blue

I wanted to buy these Steeda Spyder 20" rims.

Black w/ Machined Face & Lip Steeda Spyder Wheels for 2005-2011 Ford Mustang

9.5's for the front and 11's for the back.

I don't know what tire sizes I would need and if you can link me to where I can buy them I would appreciate it.

Thank You.

Ill make this easy for you.

First of all, congrats on your selection, as I have been researching this for awhile, and even visited Steeda last week for a look at the rims on that exact red car. I dont even have my stang yet and I selected the same wheels.

The exact size you choose may depend slightly on which brand you get. I am choosing the Invo's The tires that exact red car on Steeda's page are

2 x 275/35s
2 x 295/25s

Those are what's on and look nice. The Steeda guy said you could put the 315s on the 11" rims, but currently the invo's in that size are on back order.

The NT05 would be 275 and 315s.

If you have any other questions, just call TODD at the FL Steeda sales. Tell him Robert referred you (the guy that is buying the spyders that lives by them).

Good Luck..put pics up when you get them.
RC

Thanks I really appreciate your reply.

Is there a big difference between the above 25 and 35 sizes? I've seen the staggered look and they usually only have 5mm difference...

Don't know much about tires.

These are the sizes I found:

Nitto Invo Tires at WheelsNext.com

The best thing to do is call Steeda toll free. Tell them you want a price for the rims with tires. Then ask them which tires (EXACT SPECS) they would recommend for their rims, then ask what the difference is between the 25 and 35. If you get TOO low of an aspect ratio (like 25) you get less sidewall support for cornering. They try to pair up the fronts and backs so that the TOTAL diameter is as close as can be.

Let us know what they say.
RC

Thanks...

I tried calling and they were closed :(

This person here has Steeda Spyders and he told me that he has

Nitto Nt555r's 305/35/20 and Nt555s 255/35/20 on the rear. He also said that

it would look better with 275/35/20.

(pics ) Foose Nitrous and Steeda Spyder Wheels - Page 2 - WWW.S197FORUM.COM

I will call them though like you recommended and let you know.

Not sure what this means ^

should not have 255s anywhere on Spyder rims. Like I said, Steeda usually sells them with 275 on front and 295 on back. The 305s are a bit pricey. The 315s on back would be less money than the 305s, and would look :drool:
RC

Not sure what this means ^

should not have 255s anywhere on Spyder rims. Like I said, Steeda usually sells them with 275 on front and 295 on back. The 305s are a bit pricey. The 315s on back would be less money than the 305s, and would look :drool:
RC

What I meant was that I will call Steeda and when I do I will let you know.

So you don't think that the 315's will stick out of the well?

Post number 3:

Largest...height and width...tire for rear of S197 - Ford Mustang Forums

Do you think they look a little funny? Do they stick out?
If you scroll all the way down there is a small side view of his car, if you click on it it'll get a lot bigger.

Yes, I was able to find the Nitto Invo 275's for $220. That's $35 less than Steeda and just about everywhere else I've searched.