Needs ideas to eliminate twist in 03' GT vert

Free-Willy

Feb 19, 2004
Need ideas to eliminate twist in 03' GT vert

I'm a first time stang owner (yes, I've lived a sheltered life) and I need some ideas on how to get rid of twist before I start thinking about investing in major performance mods to increase HP.

To my knowledge, there is already a 1" square tubular subconnector but it's not very rigid. Pretty much can twist it by hand.

Appreciate any comments.

• Sponsors (?)

twister

You will need a strut tower brace k member brace in addition to the stock ones and heavy duty welded in frame connectors! i have the same car. With all that there is no cowl shake with the top up and a little with it down see my signature. :spot:

Free-Willy said:
I'm a first time stang owner (yes, I've lived a sheltered life) and I need some ideas on how to get rid of twist before I start thinking about investing in major performance mods to increase HP.

To my knowledge, there is already a 1" square tubular subconnector but it's not very rigid. Pretty much can twist it by hand.

Appreciate any comments.

If you get Full Length subframe connectors that will basically take most of the flex out. I know the cobras come stock w/ strut tower brace but if you dont have one you could get one of those and that would basically take the flex outta your convert. Try looking at Kenny Brown, Steeda, or Global products. There all pretty good and also are other great companies out there making great parts.

definitely do subframes first. *must* be full-length weld-in type. waste of money otherwise. i have the one from maximum motorsports.

then a strut tower brace (recommend MM) and a 6pt rollbar. that'll git 'er done.