Nervous as all hell

MAC'n89Blckstng

Jun 11, 2003
NJ
I'm gonna run the 88 tonight at the track. Gonna bring my slicks for some hopefully deep 60 foot times. I'm more nervous than I ever have been about racing before lol. I'm gonna drop the clutch at 5 grand off two step full throttle. I pray to god everything should go well. 12's could be there but I have no idea at this point. The car wieghs 3380 with me in it and I'm hopin my drag suspension (springs and 90/10, 50/50) will do its work and hook me up well and not break anything. Wish me luck guys!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm gonna run the 88 tonight at the track. Gonna bring my slicks for some hopefully deep 60 foot times. I'm more nervous than I ever have been about racing before lol. I'm gonna drop the clutch at 5 grand off two step full throttle. I pray to god everything should go well. 12's could be there but I have no idea at this point. The car wieghs 3380 with me in it and I'm hopin my drag suspension (springs and 90/10, 50/50) will do its work and hook me up well and not break anything. Wish me luck guys!

I side stepped the clutch on my 04gt(stock rear end) @ 6200rpm&19# boost trying to break it so i could justify a built one to the wifey. IT WORKED!:lol: split the factory trac-loc in 2 pieces....axles lived:nice:

Well I got 4.10's and a carbon fiber trac loc and about 270-80 at the wheels lol. I ran a 11.2 @ 126 with my buddies stock rear with just 3.55's so I think mine will be ok but ya never know! I also have 28 spline moser axles.

Well, we got a couple vids an a bunch of pics. Seems that the first run is always the best run lol. [email protected] with a 1.74 60 foot off 2 step at 4700. I need skinnys! I'm real happy with how the car did tonight and man is launching off 2 step WOT awesome! Had a blast, just need a better trans and then I'll be well into the 12's. Can't wait to go back!

Better trans? Does it not shift well.

One of the EASIEST trannys to drive is my brothers 86 GT. Stock T5, weak FMS clutch, tall shifter... Not sure why but it's just a cake walk getting it through the gears.

Congrats on the times though. 12s shouldn't be tough. I was stuck in the 13.3s at 104 yesterday.

yea my trans is kinda tough, second gear is real messed up and third gear is hard to get into. Not like your typical buttery t-5. I heard that when they blow up the main shaft bends and causes hard shifts, this trans was grenaded at one point so I'm thinkin thats my problem. I kinda wanna start saving for a astro t-5. I dont see myself ever buying a tremec. I hate the way they shift.

Exactly! Thats why I built it! Its cool when people go "Thats the cleanest engine I've ever seen" when I pop my hood haha. Oh an let me tell ya, those 90/10's work wonders, my car lifts like crazy!