NEW 410'S WHAT TIRES SHOULD I RUN??

rispoli_23

Jul 7, 2008
hey guys got my 410s installed and love them but it just spinns through 2nd of corse lol so i was wondering what tires u think are god for a daily driver and will still stick pretty good and what else can i do to make it plant a lil better ???

thanks
richard

• Sponsors (?)

Been alot of talk on 4.10's lately ... my first real upgrade was going to be pullies and 4.10's. With a stock automatic gt (until i get new cams, heads, headers etc), should i even get 4.10's or should i go with something else?

Sorry for jumpion in your thread like this Risp ... but i didnt want to make another thread on 4.10's...

As for street tires, i just got the Nitto NT555, 315/35. I have had NO problem gripping with these suckers, highly reccomended if you have the money, not sure if they can handle 4.10's though

its cool man ... i went back and forth for a year on 410s or 373s and im glad i went with the 410s they are awesome and still driveable best mod i have done since my cms stage 1 cams ....

I just recently got 4.10's also and some new tires.

I got a set of Yokohama S.Drives 275/40/17's and they grip really good for DD.1st gear sux but I can hit 2nd and 3rd and just get chirps.:nice:

Tires are quite and Im not having issues with tracking on the highway,also have nice tread pattern.So far best tires Ive used,time will tell tho since I havnt had them long.Im liking these better than BFGoodrich's and they were my choice of tire.

Whatever you do stay away from Fuzion ZRi's....2nd gear and 4.10's...well lets just say the rear of the car starts racing the front...and the rear is winning...:rolleyes:

Forgot to mention I havnt tried any hard launches with them.

Been alot of talk on 4.10's lately ... my first real upgrade was going to be pullies and 4.10's. With a stock automatic gt (until i get new cams, heads, headers etc), should i even get 4.10's or should i go with something else?

Sorry for jumpion in your thread like this Risp ... but i didnt want to make another thread on 4.10's...

As for street tires, i just got the Nitto NT555, 315/35. I have had NO problem gripping with these suckers, highly reccomended if you have the money, not sure if they can handle 4.10's though

With gears your going to spin any street tire... as far as 4.10 vs 3.73 goes... well I have driven and installed both in several cars including taking 3.73 out of mine and installing 4.10s and it was a huge difference.. after driving the same car back to back with both I would never go 3.73s

yeah im glad i didnt go with 373s, and i havnt tried any hard launches but when i hit 2nd its just like mentioned the rear races the front lol and then im playing catch up haha ... do the s drives come in 315s

yeah im glad i didnt go with 373s, and i havnt tried any hard launches but when i hit 2nd its just like mentioned the rear races the front lol and then im playing catch up haha ... do the s drives come in 315s

Nah they dont come in 315's,biggest they have for 17-19" are 275's and 285 for 20". but tire rack sells the 275/40/17 for $133.00,discount tires sold me the set for $700 total drive out.

Heres the sizes
Yokohama S.drive

I run my Nitto D/R DD most of the time and at my HP level and the fact that I'm auto they are great, also they are 10 times better in the rain then the stock G/Y 245s !

The only time I take them off and put back on the stock rim/tire is when I go on a long road trip, this way I keep the miles off the D/Rs !

yeah thats my issue i drive on they hwy everyday about 40miles round trip .... what u guys think bout the nittos nto5

Depends on what your plans are. Doesn't look to be that great of a tire for rain on the highway.

Edit:
Find a tire with a good water rating. Especially if you are getting something wider than a stock tire, which you would be dumb if you didn't.

Gotta take into consideration how long it will take them to wear out, unless you are made of money.