New Dyno #'s and a few ?'s I can't stop modding and need help

00 gt auto

Here's my new dyno numbers. The graph is my new numbers. The only addition was the novi 1000 running an 8lb pulley. The second graph are my numbers minus only the paxton. (however convertor wasn't locked that run so the number is slightly low)

Here's the thing though. I've started modding this car heavily in the last 3 weeks and seem to be doing things and immediately after doing something else wanting more power so I need a game plan to save myself money and do what I want from the start. For starters I hate my auto so I just bought a t-56 MGW shifter, 26 spline liberty input shaft, spec stge 3+ clutch, fidanza billet flywheel. But I want more power.

My dyno guy things I should do a 4v swap. and while I have the money I really think that my goal is achievable with some of the parts I've already put a bunch of money into.

Doing the 4v swap and bumping the power to 550-600 rear wheel would probably cost me 12 grand plus inc labor.

What I'd really like to do boils down to two choices and I need your guys help. I'd ultimately like to see 550-600 hp at the rear wheels.

I can
1) put a meth kit and Air to Air on the car and run a 13lb pulley on the paxton and that will put me near the 480hp mark, which isn't my ultimate goal but fine for a few months for me to get used to the new tranny and new power. I questioned it being the stock block because of what I've read on here but he says he's done it and has friends with it and it will hold. This guy REALLY knows his stuff but I just wanted to see what you guys thought about this. It is my first choice in the next step for my car because I've sunk alot of money into the car already, this won't cost that much more, and I'd be able to use these parts with the next step as well. The only reason I wouldn't want to do this is if you guys tell me my block won't hold and it will die.

2) I found a teksid block .020 over je 17cc dished forged aluminum pistons forged i beam rods ...steel crank with ford racing oil pump. I can get it for 2 grand or better. Problem is when I was talking to the dyno guy he said probably about 2300 to install, which seemed kinda high to me. I did my own heads and cams couldn't imagine that labor. I would do it but the problem is I don't have my tools or capabilities where my car is presently located. In addition to that I would go to a paxton 2000 head unit with the meth and a to a intercooler and then I'd be right where I want at the 600 or so rear horse. My major concern with this is the pricey install with block and the total cost being a tough pill to swallow with all the money I just put in.

What do you guys think? I really need some help deciding here. I really want to do number one but don't want to blow up my block before I really want to go forged. However, if that install number is really high and I could work him down because it should be less I'd really like to do that as well...uggghhh :shrug:

Nagy.jpg

Dyno2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

sorry for the long write, it's just not a simple situation explained in a sentence. I don't have long tubes but adding power isn't really the issue. We have a plan for that but I'm just not sure what I can/ should be able to get away with in what I mentioned above.

I read over most of the OP. I would go meth. It cools the intake temps upto 125 degrees. You could see 60-80RWHP with the 8lbs of boost you are running by just adding meth. Meth will also allow your stock engine to live longer since it will be running at lower temps.

I don't know if I'd go 4V...yet. See what you can do with meth and about 13-14lbs of boost.

I love 4V's and I love 6-speeds. I have a Terminator, so go figure...haha. But anyways the 4R70W can live behind a motor that makes that mind of HP. They are also faster and more consistent with an auto. My tuner's Mach runs 9.30's with his auto. If you want to go 6speed 100% you have the right parts picked out for it to live behind a motor ike that.

i would save the money and keep the 2v set-up you can make good power with out motors .

this combo works well

forged shortblock (mmr,dss,mph) all have nice blocks up the disp. to a 302

meth is ok but simple is always better. i would just get a good intercooler

nice set of heads and blower camms

once the motor is all together with good parts you dont have to go back to it..
dont forget about your fuel needs.

next i would slap on a 10% od crankpulley and a small blower pulley for 16-17psi...i cant see why you would not see 600+rwhp with that combo

a good tuner is a must.....

i picked up 75rwhp with just heads and camms

I'm not very keen on the 4v either, it would be a diff story if I were bone stock at this point however. iI have the heads and cams... granted they are vt stge II non blower cams but they should do alright being they are already in the patriot heads.

I am doing the t56, bought it already. My goal is to have a fun street car and that means a stick. I don't care about the 1/4 mile, I'm sure it will be plenty fast there anyways. I do alot of driving on beautiful mountain roads in cali and although my auto could be set up better I just don't see it being as fun as a stick.

ultimately, I'd like to do #1 above for a few months to get used to the power. throw the tranny in, add meth, an air to air, smaller pulley and hit the 480 or so mark. that is if the stock block would live for a few months. I haven't driven a stick for probably 6 years. My tuner mentioned as well that the meth and air to air would help keep the block safe. I just wan't to know if you guys view that as a timebomb with a REALLY short fuse. Again, a shortblock is coming, I'd just like to do it in a few months. (the isntall price seems high to me and when the car is back in cali I'm hoping I could get it done for cheaper.

Thanks for all the help guys. All decisions I've made so far have been based off all the discussions I've had on here. I'm very very happy so far

stangnet :hail2:

i would like to complain about only having 370hp lol. Do what makes u happy man. best of luck.

not complaining. Just want more and don't want to make a bad decision. Too many times in the past have I haphazardly bought parts one by one to figure out I should of done what I wanted to in the first place and saved myself a ton of $$$. :nice:

so are there hopes of the stock block living with the 480 mark and meth?