New Guy 1968 Coupe Project

rustaddict

Aug 23, 2014
Hi Peeps! I recently drug home a 1968 Mustang coupe project for my stepson and I. It's a local car that I've watched run around the neighborhood all my life until a few years ago. It was given to me by the son of the lady that bought it new ( you read that right, all it costed me was the gas to tow it home ) and is still in its original paint. The catch is about 6 years ago, the son of the guy that gave it to me attempted to replace a rusted frame rail with a few of his friends. After they cut the right side off of the front clip, they quit on it and lost most of the parts they took off. I'll see if I can find a pic.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys, its good to be here. I've been doing body,mechanical, and some restoration work since I was a teen. My stepson has told me since Ive known him how much he'd love to have a 67-68 Mustang coupe. He is 11 but we plan on building this car together for him. I look forward to seeing someone young get involved in the hobby. You don't see that much these days. I looked at this forum a few times before I signed up. Some of the restoration work I've seen here is excellent.