Progress Thread New Here. Wanted To Start A Thread.

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a 1991 LX to start working on and building up. Could use any input ,suggestions and help you are willing to give. Thanks.
uploadfromtaptalk1409339954868.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1409339963784.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1409339971358.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1409339979183.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Is there a benifit of taking all the loom off? I want to do a h/c/i upgrade then look at getting a paint job. I've recently done a tune up. New plugs, wires, dizzy cap and rotor, cleaned iac, cleaned throttle body and mafs, New fuel filter... Anything else I should do?

Last edited:
Id say theres a benifit. Im my personal opinion it looks like crap/90's ricer stuff when all that neon colored loom is strung all over the place. So the benifit would be that it wont look like that anymore.

Reactions: 1 user
I was just busting your balls lol. You can find nice black loom for cheap just have to look around. Looks like a pretty clean car though. Seems to be nice and straight. I might also change/check the trans fluid. When I first got mine home and looked at the fluid it was more like watered down vegetable oil than trans fluid.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah its pretty straight forward. 2 plugs on the passenger side of the trans if I remember correctly. Top one is fill bottom is drain. It does help if you have a small fluid pump to get the new fluid back in.

If you check it pull the full first before you pull the drain I've seen guys pull the drain first and can't get the fill out and now they have to remove the trans in order to fill the dang thing

If you check it pull the full first before you pull the drain I've seen guys pull the drain first and can't get the fill out and now they have to remove the trans in order to fill the dang thing

Good advice however you don't have to pull the trans out to fill it back up (if it's a T5). Just need to remove the shifter and fill from there. At least that's how it has worked for me for other vehicles.

Good advice however you don't have to pull the trans out to fill it back up (if it's a T5). Just need to remove the shifter and fill from there. At least that's how it has worked for me for other vehicles.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll check it out and see if I am able to do it. It's a T5 what kind of trans oil should I use?

@5.0notslow

I vote paint first. If you already have a good running motor then just enjoy it for a little while and put the $$ into paint. From the looks of the body it looks straight so very little time spent on body work which saves money. In the perfect world, i'd pull the motor and do the HCI while sending the car out to paint so they can shoot the engine bay too. I hate looking at cars with clean paint jobs just to open the hood and see a different color engine bay.

There are plenty of hopped up fast mustangs that look like junk because all people want to do in those cars is go fast. So a motor gets all the attention, gets rebuilt, gets modified and the car is fast. This happens from owner to owner while the interior looks like junk and the paint and body looks like junk but hey it's fast right? Looks like just another beater.

How about a clean good running Mustang that displays the pride and the love that we have for these vehicles! :flag: Anyways it's your 5.0 and congrats on getting the vehicle.

Unfortunately I won't be able to pull the engine unless the shop I take it to can do it. The PO redid the interior, and replaced the seats from an 03 mustang, so luckily the interior is really nice. Yeah I'm still deciding on an order to do things. But I think a paint job has moved to the top of the list. I don't like all the shades of red.

@5.0notslow

I vote paint first. If you already have a good running motor then just enjoy it for a little while and put the $$ into paint. From the looks of the body it looks straight so very little time spent on body work which saves money. In the perfect world, i'd pull the motor and do the HCI while sending the car out to paint so they can shoot the engine bay too. I hate looking at cars with clean paint jobs just to open the hood and see a different color engine bay.

There are plenty of hopped up fast mustangs that look like junk because all people want to do in those cars is go fast. So a motor gets all the attention, gets rebuilt, gets modified and the car is fast. This happens from owner to owner while the interior looks like junk and the paint and body looks like junk but hey it's fast right? Looks like just another beater.

How about a clean good running Mustang that displays the pride and the love that we have for these vehicles! :flag: Anyways it's your 5.0 and congrats on getting the vehicle.
Feel better after that rant?;)

Reactions: 1 users