New member, ticking on new 308

Cntzombus13

Apr 9, 2018
Hello everyone. I have a 1986 mustang. I built the 308 myslef. Everything is new. It has ticked/tapped since I first started it. I have Trick Flow 170 heads with upgraded valve springs rated for .600 lift. TF stage 2 cam (.542-.563 lift), melling hydraulic roller lifters., TF 1.6 (3/8) stud mounted rocker, trick flow 6.75 chromoly pushrods, trick flow track heat intake black and lower, 75mm Trickflow throttle body and valve covers (tall).

I know its a lot of Trick flow. But i have been over everything. I replaced the lifters to melling...thiking. lllThe first set of lifters were Ford OEM replacements. My valvetrain geometry is correct the center of the rocker roller sits in the middle of the spring. Pushrod length is correct the 1.6 roller rockers are not hittihg the spring underneath the rocker. I have set zero Lash half a turn past zero. Up andoewe ed rfLash and lock down the hex nut. I 3chittihecked for exhaust leaks and cannot find any. Basically anything I could try I've tried and I still cannot find the cause of this tapping I have a video I will post as soon as I'm able to.

• Sponsors (?)