- Dec 6, 2004
- 1,865
- 24
- 58
Finally got my first "go fast" mod.
Picked up an UPR o/r X from someone I know for a decent price. Lightly used, in perfect shape.
Now I gotta get some weld in mufflers and my TB and plenum so I can slap these bad boys on at the same time. Im thinking some round cased DynoMax Ultraflow's... they are only 35 bucks a muffler, so that wouldnt be too bad to have those on there untill I got a catback. Pretty sure that would be loud as hell.
It was highly suggested that I go to a shop and get the midpipe swap done, but I am determined to do it myself if possible. What do you guys say? Hard swap, or not hard swap... I have basic hand tools, a set of jacks and a set of ramps.
And one more thing... I dont have MIL's or a tuner to shut the CEL off, is it ok to drive it like that? Just tripping the rear o2's..?
Picked up an UPR o/r X from someone I know for a decent price. Lightly used, in perfect shape.
Now I gotta get some weld in mufflers and my TB and plenum so I can slap these bad boys on at the same time. Im thinking some round cased DynoMax Ultraflow's... they are only 35 bucks a muffler, so that wouldnt be too bad to have those on there untill I got a catback. Pretty sure that would be loud as hell.
It was highly suggested that I go to a shop and get the midpipe swap done, but I am determined to do it myself if possible. What do you guys say? Hard swap, or not hard swap... I have basic hand tools, a set of jacks and a set of ramps.
And one more thing... I dont have MIL's or a tuner to shut the CEL off, is it ok to drive it like that? Just tripping the rear o2's..?


....right?