New Owner w/ Candy Apple Red GT 'Vert

mBot

Jul 5, 2010
Finally got my Mustang:)

I've looked at everything from used 911s to M3s and everything in-between. Decided I loved the Mustang......classic looks, good performance, reasonable purchase price AND reasonable cost of ownership.

I've been looking for awhile, but got serious a few weeks back and started looking hard on Autotrader and Ebay. Found a gorgeous '09 that was <> this much out of my price range, and the dealer wouldn't budge a dime. Then, Sunday morning, their inventory system automatically dropped the price of the car by $800:) Called Monday morning, put a deposit on it, made the 4 hour drive (each way) and picked her up.

2009 Mustang GT Convertible Premium w/ manual transmission
(45th Anniversary Edition)
Dark Red Candy Apple Red Metallic, with Red leather interior and black cloth top.

It's a One-Owner, Ford Certified used car, with 18,500 miles on it.

235/50ZR18 tires w/ Chrome 18" Wheels (I'm not a huge fan of chrome wheels, but these look awesome!)
Shaker 500 Stereo (sounds good enough for me!)
Active Anti-theft
3.55 Limited Slip Axle (yeah!)
Comfort Group / Heated Seats
GT Appearance Package - Engine Cover, Chrome Exhaust Tips, Hood Scoop (I'm a fan!)
Premier Trim Package
Pony Center Caps

Car looks and drives like BRAND NEW....engine looks like it just rolled out of the factory, interior too. Body is nearly perfect, a couple of minor scratches that the dealership did a piss-poor job of touching up, I'll have them professionally done in the spring.

A couple of comments:

1) Why anybody needs more power than this is beyond me........I'm a speed freak, and this car satisfies my need for speed AND then some:) With the 3.55 gears, it's a freaking ROCKET, and traction in the wet and over expansion joints becomes a definite issue.

2) It sounds incredible. I was all set to get Flowmasters for the car, but after driving it, it sounds freaking awesome. Awesome sound around 3000 rpms, with no drone.

3) Candy Apple Red is a GREAT color.

4) Ford did a great job............well built, stylish, classy, and it drives GREAT. I got my first compliment on the car about 20 minutes after I bought it, when we stopped to eat dinner:) That makes ya feel good!

5) The BFGoodrich G-Force T/A tires suck in anything other than completely dry roads.....that's about my only complaint with the car:)

Sorry the photo is so dark, it's the only one I've got right now:)

mustang.jpg

• Sponsors (?)