Fox New PB, finally got into the 10's!

RangerJoe

I leave the horn on while driving
15 Year Member
Apr 26, 2010
Georgia
After 2 botched outing with the nitrous setup, I finally got success. 2 previous attempts to go 10's (actually 6's) were made at 2 different 1/8th mile tracks. 100hp jetting with 4 degrees pulled the last time out, and after reading the plugs pulled 1 more for safety.

Tonight I went to Steele Alabama, which is a 1/4 track. Left jetting and timing the same, .2 delay starting at 10% and going to 100% in 1 second. 1st pass was a 10.86 at 121.xx with a 1.48 60ft, I was stoked.

Pulled a few plugs and things looked good except timing mark was on the edge of safe, I attributed that to the extra heat generated by the extra 1/8 th mile. Decided to re-jet for 150hp and pull 3 more degrees, for a total of 8 degrees pulled (6 degrees base timing with spout out). Left progressive settings the same.

It spun a little more on launch and spun even more on the 1-2 shift but stuck again pretty quick. Went 10.90 at 122.7x on a 1.51 60ft. Decided to call it a night and not push our good luck.

The linked video was against a GT500 with full slicks, he didn't even come close to keeping up, lol.

View: https://youtu.be/vOCJQjFm_Xc

20190531_221041.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 10 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Impressive! What tires are you running? what gear? Its shows you how sad my setup is when I am running 11.11 at 125.9mph. I have always had a goal to run 10's on this 331 all motor but may need to change drivers to get there or....

Reactions: 1 user
Impressive! What tires are you running? what gear? Its shows you how sad my setup is when I am running 11.11 at 125.9mph. I have always had a goal to run 10's on this 331 all motor but may need to change drivers to get there or....

Thanks man. It's a stock block 331, 10.7 compression, Afr 185's, HSII with FTI cam cut for naturally aspirated performance, nitrous was never in the picture. I think this is why I have to be careful with my timing, lots of dynamic compression, but Ed said I should be fine up to the 150 I decided to spray.

Full interior, steel hood, AC and PS still intact and working.

T5 with Gforce gear kit, 4.10 gears, basiline relocated upper setup. Tires are 10.5x26 ET Street, the sidewall is 10.5" and the actual tread with is only 8.1" (equivalent to a 235 tire?. Next set will be 275 pro's.

Joe

Last edited:

What do your 60fts look like? That's a healthy combo with that trap speed n/a.

Damn strong for the trap speed. Nice driving! Congrats!
I think I should have played with the progressive more vs. upping the jetting. I probably could have brought it on immediately and shortened the ramp a few tenths, I think that could possibly buy me half a tenth, maybe even a full tenth on the big end.

Joe

Well, I went 11.3 @ 133mph in the blue car... I think the 60' was in the 1.70s on an 18" ET Street SS. So, to see you deep in the 10s at those kinda traps makes me think I need to spray a little off of the line. I don't really want nitrous in that car, though. Anyways, that's a mean setup, bud!

What do your 60fts look like? That's a healthy combo with that trap speed n/a.
1.62 60'. Yeah sounds like were running a similar engine combo or not too far off. Although I'm carbed, solid roller FTI cam, AFR205, TKO600 with a 4.56:1, Hoosier quick time pros 10.5x27". Engine made 470rwhp.
Seems like you would have some mph left in your set up which of course would drive ET down.

1.62 60'. Yeah sounds like were running a similar engine combo or not too far off. Although I'm carbed, solid roller FTI cam, AFR205, TKO600 with a 4.56:1, Hoosier quick time pros 10.5x27". Engine made 470rwhp.
Seems like you would have some mph left in your set up which of course would drive ET down.

Sounds like you have a little more of everything. If your 60fts dropped into the 1.4x range, you would be easily in the 10's. What do you launch at?

After 2 botched outing with the nitrous setup, I finally got success. 2 previous attempts to go 10's (actually 6's) were made at 2 different 1/8th mile tracks. 100hp jetting with 4 degrees pulled the last time out, and after reading the plugs pulled 1 more for safety.

Tonight I went to Steele Alabama, which is a 1/4 track. Left jetting and timing the same, .2 delay starting at 10% and going to 100% in 1 second. 1st pass was a 10.86 at 121.xx with a 1.48 60ft, I was stoked.

Pulled a few plugs and things looked good except timing mark was on the edge of safe, I attributed that to the extra heat generated by the extra 1/8 th mile. Decided to re-jet for 150hp and pull 3 more degrees, for a total of 8 degrees pulled (6 degrees base timing with spout out). Left progressive settings the same.

It spun a little more on launch and spun even more on the 1-2 shift but stuck again pretty quick. Went 10.90 at 122.7x on a 1.51 60ft. Decided to call it a night and not push our good luck.

The linked video was against a GT500 with full slicks, he didn't even come close to keeping up, lol.

View: https://youtu.be/vOCJQjFm_Xc

20190531_221041.jpg

That’s awesome. I know the feeling of running better and better times. I haven’t made it that far yet. I’m still in the low 13s. So if u don’t mind me asking what is fox made of under the hood. Sorry if u posted it somewhere else I haven’t read any farther down. But what motor, cam and heads, is ur carbed or fuel injected? What trany do u have?

That’s awesome. I know the feeling of running better and better times. I haven’t made it that far yet. I’m still in the low 13s. So if u don’t mind me asking what is fox made of under the hood. Sorry if u posted it somewhere else I haven’t read any farther down. But what motor, cam and heads, is ur carbed or fuel injected? What trany do u have?

I appreciate the compliments. Keep it up, this was a 13 second car when I bought it. I copied text from another post above to answer your questions.

"Thanks man. It's a stock block 331, 10.7 compression, Afr 185's, HSII with FTI cam cut for naturally aspirated performance, nitrous was never in the picture. I think this is why I have to be careful with my timing, lots of dynamic compression, but Ed said I should be fine up to the 150 I decided to spray.

Full interior, steel hood, AC and PS still intact and working.

T5 with Gforce gear kit, 4.10 gears, basiline relocated upper setup. Tires are 10.5x26 ET Street, the sidewall is 10.5" and the actual tread with is only 8.1" (equivalent to a 235 tire?. Next set will be 275 pro's."