New to mustangs and performance cars in general. Have a question about tires

Street707

May 4, 2018
Ukiah, CA
so as i'm learning about mustangs and performance tires i find myself confused by the offset tire stance. I come from Honda/Toyota and have always dreamed of getting a mustang. Now that, that time is here i'm learning more about the car and the costs associated with maintaining it. The performance pack comes with offset summer tires as you guys know but that means i can't rotate them right? and i'm guessing that really kills tire longevity fast. When it's time to replace tires can i go with the same size tire on front and back with the performance package so i can rotate them. I can't imagine you guys change tires ever 10-15k do you? I will be driving mine as a daily and i have a pretty decent commute 3 days a week sometimes 5 and if that's the case i gotta throw in another grand for tires every year. Help me understand your tire experiences.

• Sponsors (?)

All my Mustangs have been staggered.

94 Mustang never changed tires after 2 years and about 40,000 miles.

99 Saleen only changed tires due to nails in sidewalk. After 2 years and another 40,000 miles, I didn’t have to change them.

It depends on your area and road conditions. It depends on your driving habits. It depends on your vehicles alignment. It depends on the tires you buy as compound changes wear potential.

Just because you can’t rotate doesn’t mean you can’t get good longevity.

Oh, and welcome to the club.

Okay. Yeah i guess your right. I means it's part of the deal with a mustang but i just really like to be informed on what i'm getting into. I haven't got one yet but I'm very close to doing it this weekend. How does that big v8 do with oil. I'm running about 10k in my accord before i change oil. I'm assuming the v8 will drink much more.