New To The Game

Markl9200

Mar 8, 2016
I'm rebuilding an '84 four eyed fox, bought a 302 to power her, upon cleaning up and rebuilding the 302 I found out that it is a 1968 block. Question to everyone is, will the '68 block bolt in and fit in with the crossmember of my '84 fox or will I need to purchase a new crossmember or an adapter kit of some sort???

• Sponsors (?)

I'm rebuilding an '84 four eyed fox, bought a 302 to power her, upon cleaning up and rebuilding the 302 I found out that it is a 1968 block. Question to everyone is, will the '68 block bolt in and fit in with the crossmember of my '84 fox or will I need to purchase a new crossmember or an adapter kit of some sort???

It'll fit fine. The only difference in those blocks is the older blocks don't make allowances for the more modern roller cams that came in the foxes. If you run a roller cam you'll have to buy link bar lifters... or use a small base circle cam with newer stock lifters and dogbones/spider. You'll also have to drill the block for the spider... Just a lot easier to use link bar lifters.

Reactions: 1 user