NEWBIE IDIOT! HELP ME OUT

MUSTANGSROCK

Mar 29, 2006
Hello everyone,

I have had my 03 GT for 4 months now and it has cams in it but I'm not sure what kind? I know its stupid not to find out what kind but I dont know alot about motors and when the salesman told me it had cams I was like "cool" but now I dont know what to do? I have added maganpacks and K&N air filter and they car really is fast but should I be worried about the cams? The car runs great and I have had no problems, How can I tell what kind of cams they are? What If they are the 262's or what if they are bigger? What should I do? Thanks Gary

• Sponsors (?)

40oz said:
IDK, but there's really no reason to believe the last owner did anything wrong...

I was talking about revving too high, and have the valves "float". He doesn't know the specs of the cam, he can't be sure if the previous owner had new valve springs installed.

I'd try to find out the name/number of the previous owner and find out exactly what they are and what was done, where it was done and where it was tuned.

I got that info from the place I was going to buy my Mustang from before I bought it. It paid off big time!!